So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

7 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Yet, you were enabled to meet those people and work in those places because of the freedom of movement.

Freedom of movement is not the alternative to imposing a virtual absolute ban on people moving between countries such as some countries have in place.  The world is NOT one big village. Nor should that ever be the aim.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rog said:

Freedom of movement is not the alternative to imposing a virtual absolute ban on people moving between countries such as some countries have in place.  The world is NOT one big village. Nor should that ever be the aim.

Small thoughts from a small man.  The world is bigger than Norfolk (I should know I lived in Norfolk for 5 years)

32 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Im probably not the right person to get into an argument about work permits, I'm all for the free movement of people, I've worked in Denmark, Poland, Spain and Canada and my life has definitely been enhanced by working and living with people over here from all around the world. 

I agree, I've worked in Canada too along  with USA and Hong Kong (as well as UK and Europe that is). It did not require a blanket 'free movement of people' to do so. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Fair enough, in which case your use of the phrasing "wanting nothing more" is a tad misplaced. As you will agree, he clearly wants more.

I think that we are on the usual internet crossed-wires here - I am talking about the items that Rog is asking for the UK, that he is being shot down for asking for those things, but that the people who are shooting him down already deploy exactly such measures in their own country - to me that is rank hypocrisy.

Rog (amongst other things) wants control over the 'right to work' in the UK. He is being shot down on that by people who live in a country that deploys a system of 'Work permits'???????

Just now, Manximus Aururaneus said:

I think that we are on the usual internet crossed-wires here - I am talking about the items that Rog is asking for the UK, that he is being shot down for asking for those things, but that the people who are shooting him down already deploy exactly such measures in their own country - to me that is rank hypocrisy.

Rog (amongst other things) wants control over the 'right to work' in the UK. He is being shot down on that by people who live in a country that deploys a system of 'Work permits'???????

I live in the UK...

17 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

I don't think he is being shot down specifically about the right to work. If he is to be believed he does seem to hold some pretty extreme views. I mean denying anyone under the age of 25 their legal right to vote is a bit iffy, no?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Rog is a massive racist dickhead and therefore any of his arguments, regardless of merit, can be straight out dismissed.

39 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

The UK currently had a right to work system.

The Isle of Man work permits are not as restrictive as you might like to portray.  Therefore I would not be adverse to removing them and allowing EU freedom of movement but I would not be ain favour of an "open borders for all policy" purely because that does not exist anywhere.

21 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

I don't think he is being shot down specifically about the right to work. If he is to be believed he does seem to hold some pretty extreme views. I mean denying anyone under the age of 25 their legal right to vote is a bit iffy, no?

I SUGGESTED that IMO the referendum qualification age should have been restricted and explained why. Extreme views?  Everybody has views that others find not main stream or even extreme in some way.  Where's the problem? Are we not to be allowed to express them without being vilified by ad-hom responses?  Criticise the views or opinions fine! Offer alternatives great! But to simply go for the jugular? Not in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Rog said:

I SUGGESTED that IMO the referendum qualification age should have been restricted and explained why.

You wanted to stake the deck in your favour.

Those under 30 were shown to vote more for Remain than Leave.  By removing their ability to vote in Brexit would have increase the share of votes in one direction.

Those under 30 are also more likely to vote against Leave because they have grown up with the current situation and are more likely to not what their rights taken away from them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

The UK currently had a right to work system.

The Isle of Man work permits are not as restrictive as you might like to portray.  Therefore I would not be adverse to removing them and allowing EU freedom of movement but I would not be ain favour of an "open borders for all policy" purely because that does not exist anywhere.

It exists in the UK in all but name and has done for years.  Burglarise my country, get discovered and howl for "asylum" and the chances of being kicked out are minimal especially if the authorities can't find proof of your homeland.

Burglarise? Well other than a burglar how else would someone who broke in to your home and helped themselves to your valuables be described?

16 minutes ago, Rog said:

I SUGGESTED that IMO the referendum qualification age should have been restricted and explained why. Extreme views?  Everybody has views that others find not main stream or even extreme in some way.  Where's the problem? Are we not to be allowed to express them without being vilified by ad-hom responses?  Criticise the views or opinions fine! Offer alternatives great! But to simply go for the jugular? Not in my opinion.

Your explanation for not letting under 25's legally vote was that they lacked life experience. You don't want first generation immigrants voting because, well you never really properly explained that one.

Why would I need to offer an alternative? The current situation of anyone over the age of 18 who is legally entitled to being allowed to vote is long established and perfectly valid. You appear to be one having a problem with anyone who has different opinion to your own.

Edited by mojomonkey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

You wanted to stake the deck in your favour.

Those under 30 were shown to vote more for Remain than Leave.  By removing their ability to vote in Brexit would have increase the share of votes in one direction.

Those under 30 are also more likely to vote against Leave because they have grown up with the current situation and are more likely to not what their rights taken away from them.

But at least they would be making their choice in much better understanding than those who were simply reacting to the politically correct indoctrination from snowflake educators. If it had simply a case of stacking the deck would I not have suggested that a minimum age to vote in the referendum should have actually BEEN thirty?  The age demographic for the result of the referendum is widely available.

• Like 1