So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

4 minutes ago, Rog said:

ANYBODY with one iota of common sense would have voted against the deal that stupid woman proposed.  Apart from anything else even HAVING a deal before triggering BREXIT was the hight of sabotage.

At least you've moved away from "shenanigans by backsliding MP's" so progress of a sort I suppose.

The projections are that the Maybot's deal put together by Olly Robbins and the talented Sabine Weyand was better for the UK than the cut-and-paste effort by Johnson et al.

Quelle surprise...!

11 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

None so blind as the willingly blind.

If you want to understand Rog, or brexiters in general, you need to stop assuming that they want work and travel opportunities for the general populace. It is about them ‘winning’, and they couldn’t care less about that means for the U.K. In Rog’s case, he despises the general British, Irish and Manx populations anyway, as he likes to remind us quite frequently.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Transition period innit? It's the same wording as before. What else would you expect them to do before they know the new arrangements? Typical remoaner "run the uk down at every opportunity" exercise. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

Transition period innit? It's the same wording as before. What else would you expect them to do before they know the new arrangements? Typical remoaner "run the uk down at every opportunity" exercise. 

Typical Brexiteer, sticking your hands over your eyes and pretending the writing isnt on the wall.

12 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

If you want to understand Rog, or brexiters in general, you need to stop assuming that they want work and travel opportunities for the general populace. It is about them ‘winning’, and they couldn’t care less about that means for the U.K. In Rog’s case, he despises the general British, Irish and Manx populations anyway, as he likes to remind us quite frequently.

What causes you to think that I despise the British or the Manx?  I certainly don't.

As for travel opportunities and work there's nothing preventing people traveling where BREXIT is concerned, nor working.  Nor is about winning, it's 100% about regaining British sovereignty as an independent nation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Typical Brexiteer, sticking your hands over your eyes and pretending the writing isnt on the wall.

Look, were no longer a part of the EU. It's over. 

Thankfully clear blue water is emerging between finalising the minutiae of the relations between the UK and the EU bloc with any trade relations with the EU no longer being a constraining factor and so if no cross border trade agreements can be agreed then we will no longer be dependent on that in order to end the transition period and give the European Commission the "sailor's farewell" as per the Urban Dictionary.

16 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

The writing is on the wall for those still fighting Brexit. If you actually read the link you posted from the Independent you would see how desperate the interpretation you have put on this really is. The airline makes clear that jobs are open to British citizens and will continue to be. Maybe you need to have a thorough examination of your motives for dredging up every bit of negative press you can find about your country and dancing around it with glee. 

Edited by woolley
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rog said:

What causes you to think that I despise the British or the Manx?  I certainly don't.

Well, apart from all the British who are Muslims that is.

By your own admission you even moved to flat, dull, boring Norfolk to get away from them.

Kippered!

44 minutes ago, P.K. said:

My view on the brexit farrago is based entirely on what took place. It's called "Management By Fact" and maybe you should try it...

Your view on Brexit is based entirely on what you read in that virtue-signalling bible of liberal delight and other elitist publications. Fortunately, the voters were not swayed by the concerted effort seen by the likes of the appalling Gina Millar and co. (And especially yourself) to demonize and insult the majority as racist, xenophobic, thick-as-pigshit, daily wail-reading little Englanders.

Get that?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, quilp said:

Your view on Brexit is based entirely on what you read in that virtue-signalling bible of liberal delight and other elitist publications. 

And your's comes direct from Guido, a know right wing shit stirrer, which no credible outlet would touch, so has to resort to a blog funded by gullible types.

So...there is that...

Fortunately, the voters were not swayed by the concerted effort seen by the likes of the appalling Gina Millar and co.

No, they were swayed by the offshore billionaire rag top owners and self interested business owners via a very complicated social media campaign.

Edited by RIchard Britten

38 minutes ago, woolley said:

Maybe you need to have a thorough examination of your motives for dredging up every bit of negative press you can find about your country and dancing around it with glee. 

Maybe my motives are driven by being forced out of the EU by the ill willed and ill informed, having my rights and freedoms removed, which I have enjoyed for the last 40 years.

So when ever a little slice of "I told you so" pie presents itself into the light of day, I feel duty bound to shove it in the faces of the fools who forced this on the future generations of this country.

2 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Until the end of the  year....

No. Read it again. Obviously transport will continue beyond the transition period. If UK personnel are barred from working across the Channel and EU personnel are barred from working in the UK then clearly it won't continue. Equally, this would be in nobody's interest so a solution will be found. Cross border working on aviation as been around far longer than the EU with people of all nationalities employed. It will continue long after the EU is consigned to the dustbin of history. Stop scaremongering. Journalists are paid to do it. What's your excuse? 

8 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

And your's comes direct from Guido, a know right wing shit stirrer, which no credible outlet would touch, so has to resort to a blog funded by gullible types.

So...there is that...

No, they were swayed by the offshore billionaire rag top owners and self interested business owners via a very complicated social media campaign.

Still can't accept that anyone who doesn't share your world view has the power of independent thought. They must have been hoodwinked. 

• Like 1