So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/britain-stole-45-trillion-india-181206124830851.html

I’m not sure anyone should judge the U.K. of the early twentieth century by the standards of the early twenty-first, but Ireland worked it out first, and Scotland is working it out now - so, when the UK’s only imperial legacy is reparations and an unpleasant reputation, who is going to let them know? 

12 hours ago, P.K. said:

Come on Roger.

Just ONE example.

Off you go....

Since we did not have a sovereign Parliment after Lisbon then any  that were dreamed up by the European Commission and if any acts put forward by HMG could be overridden by Brussels.

8 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/britain-stole-45-trillion-india-181206124830851.html

I’m not sure anyone should judge the U.K. of the early twentieth century by the standards of the early twenty-first, but Ireland worked it out first, and Scotland is working it out now - so, when the UK’s only imperial legacy is reparations and an unpleasant reputation, who is going to let them know? 

Reparations to who?

14 hours ago, P.K. said:

FFS Roger! The much hackneyed "independence" has been done to death and shown to be complete and utter nonsense.

You like giving out challenges. So here is a challenge for you.

Produce one instance, in detail, where a UK law has been introduced by the EU without our UK Sovereign Parliament having a say in it.

Off you go...

On many occasions. One example is free movement. Call Me Dave wanted to renegotiate this but had no joy. It is one of the four freedoms, so it is ordained at EU level and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Another is closer to home. We lost the IOM meat derogation - because the EU said so and the UK was powerless.

The proportion of UK law that is foisted upon it by the EU is difficult to quantify precisely, but it is certainly substantial and certainly not tolerable. (It is far more than13%, PK).

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-law-what-proportion-influenced-eu/

Once more it has fallen to Britain to shine light into the darkness corrupting continental Europe. It can never be right that sovereign nations subcontract the enactment of a majority of their lawmaking to an outside, not properly accountable construct. This is the real difficulty of the European Union and "ever closer union". It isn't about trade at all. Trade is the convenient peg upon which they hang the political project.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/22/the-eus-court-is-picking-apart-our-laws/

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Can’t answer, won’t answer. He hates the British and Manx people and that’s his only reason for being on this forum, as he makes clearer time and again. The only people he’s ever defended on here are beasts and terrorists. 

Which beasts and terrorists?  And where do you get the silly idea that I have any antipathy towards the Manx? Nothing could be further from the truth!

9 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

No. They hate you.

So what?  Some people have to be made to do what they don't want because they lack the knowledge and life experiences to do what is best for them, certainly the majority of the population of which they form a part.

If they don't want to remain a part of the population then fine.  Boats trains and 'planes are the solution to that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

And there's a valid reason why they hate you.

And those of us who have been fighting for, and finally won independence for the UK in spite of those who put our independence as being unimportant hate those who were baulking us.

Long thousands of people have lost life and limb to preserve our sovereignty over many years yet a bunch of incredibly selfish people aided by foreigners who entered our country by various means, many totally illegally, many through our virtually (forced) open borders, many by lying through their teeth to exploit asylum legislation aided by the lack of cooperation in the weeding out those who should have been weeded out en route to the "land of milk and honey" and yet these traitors to our nation have fought against our fight for independence.

Those people hate us?

Good.

I wouldn't want it any other way.  We've done something right.

• Sad 1

Just now, Freggyragh said:

Ironic seeing as you claim a different ‘homeland’ every other week - and despise them all. 

No I don't.

I'm English by nationality and Israeli by right and legitimate dual nationality.  End of.

But where do you get this nonsense that I despise any of THEM.