So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Just now, P.K. said:

So you finally admit that the "losing our sovereignty" nonsense was just more brexiteer lies. Progress of a sort I suppose.

As I posted previously I REALLY REALLY want the brexiteers to get EXACTLY what they voted for....

On that happy note you are aware Roger that Retirement Land is very agricultural? Which can and is very intensive farming at certain times of the year. Lots of EU citizens work in this sector. They are leaving for the very obvious reason that they've been made aware that they are simply not welcome here. But then it's easy for them to move on to another EU country with the minimum of fuss.

The UK needs people like them. So they are being replaced by non-EU workers. But unlike those that are leaving these folks have one aim - to settle permanently in the UK.

No doubt they'll bring their religion with them....

Much more likely we'll see some form of working visa introduced or better yet now we have a decent government some form of "Workfare" whereby people fit to work will be required to work - or be sanctioned.

And no, our loss of sovereignty was very very real.

9 minutes ago, woolley said:

You have had the answer to this umpteen times. I reaaly don't understand your difficulty in grasping it. Freedom of movement,  Common Agricultural Policy, Fishing regulations etc, etc, all the way down to outlawing the IOM control of its own meat supply. Supremacy of EU law and the ECJ is reality, PK, so it's very odd that you continue to insist that only Parliament can make laws for the UK when the majority have been coming from Brussels for years. You either knuckle under the rules or get out. We got out. So we already have Brexit in law but thanks anyway for promising that we will get it. 

As I posted previously I REALLY REALLY want the brexiteers to get EXACTLY what they voted for...

Love the hyperbole " You either knuckle under the rules or get out." when the UK absolutely thrived as a member of the EU. On the slide now though...

13 minutes ago, Rog said:

Much more likely we'll see some form of working visa introduced or better yet now we have a decent government some form of "Workfare" whereby people fit to work will be required to work - or be sanctioned.

That's already happened in the almighty clusterfuck that is Universal Credit....

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, P.K. said:

So you didn't find a single instance where a UK law has been introduced by the EU without our UK Sovereign Parliament having a say in it.

Not one.

"I would occasionally say 'I'm not sure this is a good idea' and then I was told, 'Well, there's nothing you can do about it, this is an EU law'," he said. "That's going to change. And as a result, actually, there won't be a hiding place for politicians like me."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-51304017/gove-brexit-means-no-hiding-place-for-politicians

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

That's already happened in the almighty clusterfuck that is Universal Credit....

Not yet.  UC is a good first step but what is needed is legislation whereby if there is work available that a person is capable of doing then they MUST do it - or go hungry. 

16 minutes ago, Rog said:

Not yet.  UC is a good first step but what is needed is legislation whereby if there is work available that a person is capable of doing then they MUST do it - or go hungry. 

Employers will love that.

Desperately need decent hard working but cheap and seasonal staff, can't get them because of the hostile environment, gets some seriously unmotivated and uninterested people forced on them because Rog from Norfolk hates the welfare state.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Desperately need decent hard working but cheap and seasonal staff, can't get them because of the hostile environment, gets some seriously unmotivated and uninterested people forced on them because Rog from Norfolk hates the welfare state.

Obviously it would be up to an employer.

Do I hate the Welfare State?

I detest what it has become.

Edited by Rog

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

So should unmotivated and uninterested people live on the welfare state? I rather think not. It's just an obvious question that arises from your comment. As an employer I would take a motivated foreigner above a local sloth any day of the week. Having said that, I've always been very fortunate with the locals I have employed having heard the horror stories from other employers.

2 minutes ago, Rog said:

Obviously it would be up to an employer.

Do I hate the Welfare State?

I detest what it has become.

Fair comment. It was started with the best of intentions, but it has been grotesquely abused by the British and then by others from all over the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, woolley said:

So should unmotivated and uninterested people live on the welfare state? I rather think not. It's just an obvious question that arises from your comment. As an employer I would take a motivated foreigner above a local sloth any day of the week. Having said that, I've always been very fortunate with the locals I have employed having heard the horror stories from other employers.

It wasn't really that serious a comment, just a reaction to another Rog post where he thinks he's saying something profound but clearly hasn't thought it through.

I have no idea how anyone can live long term on benefits, and obviously no one should choose to. Whenever i've been on them every single day has been a struggle. 

34 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

the welfare state hasn't worked as a policy for 70 years......

54 minutes ago, woolley said:

So we agree. We want an independent sovereign state that makes its own laws. Good. We can leave it there.

If you think very very hard I suspect you'll discover there's a little more to it than that.

As we'll find out...