So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

On 2/9/2020 at 5:41 PM, Max Power said:

To use the oft used line by Woolster, et al:

"Conjecture.  They can't know.  Bloody experts, what do they know. Etc, etc"

And in the first paragraph you can the obvious pro-Brexit, pro-Johnson Torygraph spin on the subject.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

And in the first paragraph you can the obvious pro-Brexit, pro-Johnson Torygraph spin on the subject.

Since the Barclay brothers took it over the Torygraph has become as big a joke as The Daily Wail. And just as awful....

The price is going up as well to £2.50 and then £2.80 for the Saturday edition.

I can't imagine who would actually pay real money to read about the agenda of the Barclays....

Not exactly unexpected:

Brussels will reject UK demand for deal guaranteeing City long-term access to EU market, says Barnier

Wherever possible we will grant equivalence on particular sectors of the financial industry. That is what we did with Canada, that’s what we do with the United States and Japan, and it works. So I don’t see why it shouldn’t work with the United Kingdom.

And I would like to take this opportunity to make it clear to certain people in the United Kingdom ... that they should not kid themselves about this. There will not be general, open-ended, ongoing equivalence in financial services ... We will keep control of these tools and we will retain a free hand to take our decisions. 

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Not exactly unexpected:

Brussels will reject UK demand for deal guaranteeing City long-term access to EU market, says Barnier

So what?

Without interference and control from the European Commission the opportunities are quite literally global.  However I do suspect that what the UK does will have a very negative impact on the Manx finance sector be it from competition or from powers that HMG possess 

There'sa few people on the island that are going to get a shock as to just how much independence the island does (not) have.

46 minutes ago, sir nige said:

uk had a referendum on that........you lost........

in other eww news.....ireland to pay 35% more membership fee than 2017........:lol:

oh dear, oh dear...

First past the post is a very poor system in any election.  I believed that for many years.  It is broken because it always ends up with a two party system where voters are forced to use tactical voting rather than actually voting for their preferred candidate.

The 2016 referendum using first past the post is actually okay as the choice was yes or no.  FPTP fails where there is more than a binary choice.

19 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

oh dear, oh dear...

First past the post is a very poor system in any election.  I believed that for many years.  It is broken because it always ends up with a two party system where voters are forced to use tactical voting rather than actually voting for their preferred candidate.

The 2016 referendum using first past the post is actually okay as the choice was yes or no.  FPTP fails where there is more than a binary choice.

the only people that complain is the losers.......a clear pattern is emerging with your type.....

3 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

I quite agree. NOBODY knows for absolutely certain,  otherwise we'd all be millionaires. Makes a pleasant change from the unremitting doom though, you have to confess. 

3 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

I go away for a few days and this is the state of the thread...

When are people going to learn you can't discuss things with trolls and baiters like the three amigos?

Capture.JPG

Richard, what have you done?  These poor chaps are going to be devastated.  

• Haha 1