So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

10 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Maybe in your odd world it is preferred but major business does not want that uncertainty. No deal potentially means gaining embargoed status and all the headaches that come with that. Leave the EU by all means but thinking that suddenly we don't need to do business with the EU anymore is beyond naive.

We do not need to establish an all encompassing trade deal with the EU.  Trade deals can and if necessary would be set up with individual states within the EU. The European Commission are aware of this and it scares them shirtless.

10 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Maybe in your odd world it is preferred but major business does not want that uncertainty. No deal potentially means gaining embargoed status and all the headaches that come with that. Leave the EU by all means but thinking that suddenly we don't need to do business with the EU anymore is beyond naive.

The EU is already showing fault lines and if the European Commission were to come the hard man with the member states that certainly create further **exits which we having shown the way is a racing certainty that others will quit the EU in disgust anyway.

4 minutes ago, Rog said:

We do not need to establish an all encompassing trade deal with the EU.  Trade deals can and if necessary would be set up with individual states within the EU. The European Commission are aware of this and it scares them shirtless.

Hah. The EU would not allow it. They aren't sovereign states, you see. 

2 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

I think we are saying the same thing? Business is a two way street, there are UK based companies that will want to continue trade with EU based companies and vice versa. I can understand those who wanted to leave the EU and think it was correct that the UK has done what the majority who voted in the referendum wanted but I cannot understand those (i.e. Rog) who seem to want isolate the UK from the rest of Europe in pretty much every respect.

I want to isolate the UK from the EU, not European nations as individuals.

11 minutes ago, Rog said:

Wrong, they are prohibited from doing that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_free_trade_agreements

https://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/policy-making/

As I said, naive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

No, just a dumb saddo...

Edited by GD4ELI

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

Sorry, given the promise of unicorns and the general lack of fact on this thread I thought it was entirely fitting.

In reality it is believed that the early Celtic settlers were from Ireland.  Manx Gaelic and Irish Gaelic are similar which would support this. 

So Mother Ireland is fitting.  Obviously over the years different cultures have influenced the island.

So is Welsh, Cornish, and Scottish.

It's more than likely that the Celtic tribes were driven to the backwaters of the British archipelago by invaders, especially the Romans, and the close association of Manx Celtic language and Ireland is due to those from Ireland swimming to Liverpool who got tired half way.