So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

4 minutes ago, Rog said:

None of them. That's the whole thing about an archipelago.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Every land mass in the World is located within one of the seven continents of the World. The UK is located in the European continent (EUROPE), that does not mean it is part of the EU or any other organisation. It just means that it is geographically located within Europe. Why is that so hard for you to accept?

image.thumb.png.3006672c4695342e28dc44d603a55deb.png

Edited by mojomonkey

2 hours ago, sir nige said:
15 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Maybe in your odd world it is preferred but major business does not want that uncertainty. No deal potentially means gaining embargoed status and all the headaches that come with that. Leave the EU by all means but thinking that suddenly we don't need to do business with the EU anymore is beyond naive.

the eu wants to put conditions on that it doesn't have on any other fta.....thats why its better for the uk to walk away.....

you can't do business at any cost and as it stands the uk is better off under wto......

:whistling:

35 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

I'll politely ask yet again, please give your evidence and references. Where are you getting your figures?

Perhaps this helps - https://ec.europa.eu/budget/financialreport/2015/revenue/index_en.html

ifs plus the extra amounts the eu has asked for since.....

you seem to be using net for the uk and gross for germany and france......

Just now, sir nige said:

:whistling:

Yes, can I help you?

My statement and your statement aren't actually at odds with one another. Presumably, you aren't also like Rog and think that UK based companies will do no further trading with the EU based companies? It is a fact that major business does not want uncertainty and that no deal potentially means gaining embargoed status. As it stands no one knows what the deal between the UK and EU will actually be so it isn't possible to say that the UK would be better off (or worse off) under WTO rules.

Just now, mojomonkey said:

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Every land mass in the World is located within one of the seven continents of the World. The UK is located in the European continent (EUROPE), that does not mean it is part of the EU or any other organisation. It just means that it is geographically located within Europe. Why is that so hard for you to accept?

Wrong. In addition to isolated islands and archipelagos (which are island groups) are the continents which are land masses. Isolated islands and archipelagos are NOT parts of any of the continents.

As an example take Madagascar. It is not a part of Africa. Similarly Ceylon is not a part of India.

Getting the picture?

2 minutes ago, sir nige said:

ifs plus the extra amounts the eu has asked for since.....

you seem to be using net for the uk and gross for germany and france......

All figures I used come from the same website. I've given the gross and net figures to work out the actual contribution. If you would actually give some references perhaps you could add something to this.

1 minute ago, Rog said:

Wrong. In addition to isolated islands and archipelagos (which are island groups) are the continents which are land masses. Isolated islands and archipelagos are NOT parts of any of the continents.

As an example take Madagascar. It is not a part of Africa. Similarly Ceylon is not a part of India.

Getting the picture?

You must be trolling. Do you accept that the World has seven continents?

4 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Yes, can I help you?

My statement and your statement aren't actually at odds with one another. Presumably, you aren't also like Rog and think that UK based companies will do no further trading with the EU based companies? It is a fact that major business does not want uncertainty and that no deal potentially means gaining embargoed status. As it stands no one knows what the deal between the UK and EU will actually be so it isn't possible to say that the UK would be better off (or worse off) under WTO rules.

Now where have inferred let alone claimed that UK businesses will do no further trading with EU based businesses?

1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

You must be trolling. Do you accept that the World has seven continents?

Of course, but those are continents, not islands or groups of islands which are geographically entirely seperate