So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

41 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

As I have said Dyson has moved production from the UK to Asia despite being a big supporter of Brexit.

If only Tim Martin et al would follow his example...

43 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

On the plus side we might get rid of comeovers.... 

Hmmmm could be cheaper than a divorce.

Worth a look....

Breaking News 

In cabinet reshuffle Jacob Rees-Mogg appointed new Viceroy to India....

8 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Possibly, but I really don't think the UK can afford to be complacent and assume that it will all be alright in the end. The deals are needed, only idiots want to go onto WTO terms or worse still gain embargoed status. My concern is that the Government only has until the end of the year and experience has shown their pace to be glacial. Still, I guess we must have faith.

no they aren't.......

8 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Rog I was not someone who celebrated the passing of Margaret Thatcher, neither do I worship the ground she walked on.  You are correct that many of the mines etc were running at a loss and would have shutdown anyway. 

I have worked around the UK Steel industry to see that there has been very little investment into this sector over the years.  One plant still has camouflage paint on the exterior walls from WW2 and has a section called the "tank bay".  It is known as the tank bay as that is where they used to produce the armour for tanks during WW2.  UK steel is on its knees and Brexit will be a death blow.

UK businesses were quick to take advantage of opportunities to move production overseas to reduce their production costs and they still are!  As I have said Dyson has moved production from the UK to Asia despite being a big supporter of Brexit.

Did I say that the people of the island should have had a vote?  I said it is the direction of travel of the UK Government that is a concern.  On the plus side we might get rid of comeovers.... 

labour shut more mines than the tories.......

Every time I have to pay a brexit tax, be it new passport, travel docs, visa, I’ll think of Woolley and ‘his understanding’ of sovereignty, how Rog would rather not have other Poles living in Norwich, and Woody2’s ‘facts’ on world trade. 

BREXIT notice: UK passport holders
New rules mean you may need to renew your passport before travelling to most European countries if the UK leaves the EU without a deal. Please check your passportbefore travel to see if you are affected.

Driving in the EU:
Please note: If you are travelling to Europe and have purchased a hire car, you will need new documentation when the UK leaves the EU. Click here for further information.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Every time I have to pay a brexit tax, be it new passport, travel docs, visa, I’ll think of Woolley and ‘his understanding’ of sovereignty, how Rog would rather not have other Poles living in Norwich, and Woody2’s ‘facts’ on world trade. 

BREXIT notice: UK passport holders
New rules mean you may need to renew your passport before travelling to most European countries if the UK leaves the EU without a deal. Please check your passportbefore travel to see if you are affected.

Driving in the EU:
Please note: If you are travelling to Europe and have purchased a hire car, you will need new documentation when the UK leaves the EU. Click here for further information.

Other than the nonsense about Poles in Norwich what's wrong with anything else?  It's just going to be returning to the way things used to be.

A case of going forward by going back.

38 minutes ago, Rog said:

Other than the nonsense about Poles in Norwich what's wrong with anything else?  It's just going to be returning to the way things used to be.

A case of going forward by going back.

You’ve said less than 24 hours ago that you “have always had a problem with freedom of movement”, and only see EU nurses, doctors, entrepreneurs, plumbers and fruitpickers as ‘less of a problem’. Are you now denying that you would rather not have fellow Poles living in Norwich? 
You are full of contradictions, one day you call terrorist scum who blew up British soldiers and civilians ‘bona fide freedom fighters’, the next, you’re claiming to be a patriot. One day you’re insisting Britain will be able to trade ok after Brexit, the next you’re wishing for a cold, hard economy busting Brexit. One day your ‘we’ means Polish, the next day it’s English, then it’s Israeli - but the rest of the world aren’t allowed to move to the next town. I’m not going to put you on ignore. You are a lonely, bitter old man struggling with your memory. I’ll respond to your drivel, even if it’s just as a public service to help you feel you’re not alone in the world.