So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

45 minutes ago, sir nige said:

despite all the lefty claims the uk doesn't need the eu or usa.....

The UK doesn't need the USA even though it accounts for 19% of UK exports and 10% of UK imports.

The UK doesn't need the EU even though it's the UK's biggest trading partner accounting for 45% of UK's exports and 53% of imports.

Oh dear, the Reality Bus slaps another brexiteer nonsense right up the arse.

Where is Farage, Gove and Johnson just when you need their lies?

6 hours ago, P.K. said:

Those relying on cheap EU/non-EU workers like labour-intensive farming, the care industry, entertainment etc are going to find it hard. Therefore so will their customers.

I wonder where Priti Patel got her numbers from because it sounds like The Daily Wail? Plus does she really think minimum wage will motivate UK workers? (cue Roger demanding that benefits be cut even after the ravages of Iain Duncan Smith's totally discredited Universal Credit shambles)

Anyway, some numbers:

Economic_Inactive.jpg

Thanks for the laugh, PK. I love that expression "discouraged workers". Presumably this is the politically correct epithet for the bone idle. There are more of them than is made out here, too. Perhaps they gained some energy from somewhere and slothed into one of the other categories. "Other" or "Looking after home" look promising. :D

52 minutes ago, sir nige said:

eu was mentioned as the reason on the bbc.......

Ah yes, more brexiteer lies that the EU is responsible for UK flooding.

There's an air of desperation creeping in to the excuses for the behaviour (or lack of) of totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson as well.

Rabid brexiteer Iain Dale on LBC was claiming that it was all the fault of the EU. Nonsense. With typical EU regulations around protecting the quality and integrity of foodstuffs all they say is you can't dump dredged silt onto farmland.

All very sensible as anyone on Mannin should know.

I suspect a closer look at the Environment finances would yield better reasons...

11 minutes ago, woolley said:

Thanks for the laugh, PK. I love that expression "discouraged workers". Presumably this is the politically correct epithet for the bone idle. There are more of them than is made out here, too. Perhaps they gained some energy from somewhere and slothed into one of the other categories. "Other" or "Looking after home" look promising. :D

How would I know why the ONS use certain phraseology (is that a word) as I have as much idea about that as you have!

Glad it raised a smile though.

I spent several years as an "economically inactive" carer for elderly rellies. 

Have to say if you've never done it then it's hell on earth...

10 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Ah yes, more brexiteer lies that the EU is responsible for UK flooding.

There's an air of desperation creeping in to the excuses for the behaviour (or lack of) of totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson as well.

Rabid brexiteer Iain Dale on LBC was claiming that it was all the fault of the EU. Nonsense. With typical EU regulations around protecting the quality and integrity of foodstuffs all they say is you can't dump dredged silt onto farmland.

All very sensible as anyone on Mannin should know.

I suspect a closer look at the Environment finances would yield better reasons...

Wrong.  Eu environmental rules have prevented dredging of waterways in the way and to the extent to which had been taking place for many decades.  Add to that the restrictions on silt disposal and there is a recipe for disaster.  Now throw in the pressure on the housing stock made even worse as a result of all but wide open borders not to mention illegals and house building on known flood planes ---.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rog said:

Wrong.  Eu environmental rules have prevented dredging of waterways in the way and to the extent to which had been taking place for many decades.  Add to that the restrictions on silt disposal and there is a recipe for disaster.  Now throw in the pressure on the housing stock made even worse as a result of all but wide open borders not to mention illegals and house building on known flood planes ---.

I would very much like to see proof of that statement Roger as a detriment that might bring on flooding.

But FFS at least TRY not to blame immigrants for everything like building on floodplains!

Dear me, talk about warping your point of view... (geddit!)

23 minutes ago, P.K. said:

How would I know why the ONS use certain phraseology (is that a word) as I have as much idea about that as you have!

Glad it raised a smile though.

I spent several years as an "economically inactive" carer for elderly rellies. 

Have to say if you've never done it then it's hell on earth...

I know. That vacant, frightened look in the eye of a loved one who once was the essence of care and kindness in your young life. To spend time with the husk of that cherished person and yet get absolutely nothing back apart from the fulfillment of a duty out of love. It's the inevitable circle of life encapsulated in one's first memory of a parent being that of reaching out helplessly to them and one's last memory being that of them reaching out helplessly to you. Sadly, my mother could not even do that in her final days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

The UK doesn't need the USA even though it accounts for 19% of UK exports and 10% of UK imports.

The UK doesn't need the EU even though it's the UK's biggest trading partner accounting for 45% of UK's exports and 53% of imports.

Oh dear, the Reality Bus slaps another brexiteer nonsense right up the arse.

Where is Farage, Gove and Johnson just when you need their lies?

correct........your learning..........slowly........

if wto was so bad for the uk the eu would let it happen and then wait for the uk to ask to rejoin......

but they know it will only hit the eu......

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I would very much like to see proof of that statement Roger as a detriment that might bring on flooding.

But FFS at least TRY not to blame immigrants for everything like building on floodplains!

Dear me, talk about warping your point of view... (geddit!)

Just plug "EU FARCE: Brussels rules have exposed Britain's flood defences – REVEALED" into Google for one source.

Immigrants?  The UK and particularly England is over full and being made worse by immigrants and illegals.  Our infrastructure is collapsing and we're having to build houses where houses just shouldn't be built out of desperation to house what in so many cases should be kicked out.

1 minute ago, sir nige said:

correct........your learning..........slowly........

if wto was so bad for the uk the eu would let it happen and then wait for the uk to ask to rejoin......

but they know it will only hit the eu......

Even by your lamentably low standards that response was really feeble...

2 minutes ago, Rog said:

Immigrants?  The UK and particularly England is over full and being made worse by immigrants and illegals.  Our infrastructure is collapsing and we're having to build houses where houses just shouldn't be built out of desperation to house what in so many cases should be kicked out.

If our infrastructure is collapsing it's because of underfunding.

Speak to totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson.

His default setting is "When in doubt - LIE ABOUT IT!!!"