So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

3 minutes ago, Rog said:

The matter is one of values. Food on tables will not be an issue. We will not be facing starvation now any more than we were before the EU morphed into being.

Prostituting a nation for monetory gain is an issue. A very big issue.

Be aware that in straightened times those with the least ALWAYS suffer the most.

I think I'll quote from Samuel Johnson "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Be aware that in straightened times those with the least ALWAYS suffer the most.

I think I'll quote from Samuel Johnson "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."

I thought that you might.  Just a pity that you fail to take account of the context that Johnson made the claim.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, P.K. said:

This is another of your idiotic tropes, inaccurate and again used without a hat-tip to context.

You're now into the wood of the bottom of that damn barrel you keep scraping...

@Rog Just saw your previous post. 

20200224_191516.jpg

Edited by quilp
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, quilp said:

This is another of your idiotic tropes, inaccurate and again used without a hat-tip to context.

You're now into the wood of the bottom of that damn barrel you keep scraping...

@Rog Just saw your previous post. 

20200224_191516.jpg

Yes, that's what I was referring to.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rog said:

I thought that you might.  Just a pity that you fail to take account of the context that Johnson made the claim.

Not at all. An assumption you have made that is inevitably incorrect.

I particularly liked the Oscar Wilde version. But which one?

15 hours ago, woolley said:

The trade between Japan and the UK is pretty even. Why would we not continue on similar terms to the present? What is Japan giving the UK here? Nothing. It's a negotiation between adults who can either help each other or hurt each other. Which is best?

There is no trade deal between the UK and Japan.  All trade arrangements are via the EU at present. 

Japan wants a trade deal with the EU and the EU wants a preferential agreement.  If Japan gives the UK a better deal then the EU's would have to match it.

Japan is therefore unlikely to offer the UK  a better deal than the EU.

32 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

There is no trade deal between the UK and Japan.  All trade arrangements are via the EU at present. 

Japan wants a trade deal with the EU and the EU wants a preferential agreement.  If Japan gives the UK a better deal then the EU's would have to match it.

Japan is therefore unlikely to offer the UK  a better deal than the EU.

I suspect Liam Fox didn't visit Tokyo just to try the sushi.

8 minutes ago, P.K. said:

EU demands UK keeps chlorinated chicken ban to get trade deal

Exclusive: clause in negotiating mandate for Michel Barnier will create hurdle to US-UK deal

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/25/keep-chlorinated-chicken-ban-to-win-trade-deal-eu-tells-uk

Because of the astronomically high percentage of food poisoning bacteria on raw chicken it would be a bloody good idea for ALL raw chicken and other poultry to be subjected to a wash in chlorinated water.  The present prohibition by the EU was actually introduced for no other reason than to erect a non-tariff barrier to imported birds.