So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Chlorinated chicken big red herring. EU countries have had plenty of poultry scares down the years. And as has been said already,  the chlorinated water we are actually expected to drink is bloody disgusting and has to be filtered. 

That ship sailed in the 1890's! Dear me.

In any event UK water has just a tenth of the WHO acceptable level of chlorine.

The issue is, and always has been, that poor husbandry and hygiene up the food chain necessitate having to sanitise the end product with chlorine. In the US their established practices may be legal but in the EU they are not. Their standards are simply too low.

So it's the bit you don't hear about that is the concern. So you can stuff your US poultry thanks very much...

5 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

@Rog Try page 18 of the MAC report regarding the Labour Market.   

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/860669/PBS_and_Salary_Thresholds_Report_MAC.pdf

Doesn't really fit with your distorted views does it?

#1 my views are not distorted. Nor are my values.

#2 it's the start of what will be a program and as such sets out the first steps.

12 minutes ago, P.K. said:

That ship sailed in the 1890's! Dear me.

In any event UK water has just a tenth of the WHO acceptable level of chlorine.

Which ship?

Isle of Man water is absolutely jumping with chlorine on occasions. It's not the principle of chlorination, it's all about the degree. The highest pH we ever scientifically measured was 10.6!! Granted, that was exceptional and they sorted it pronto when told, but it was often hovering around 9. Not good.

4 hours ago, P.K. said:

They can wash in whatever suits them....

so who is campaigning for lower food standards?

so who is campaigning for lower welfare standards?

:whistling:

not seen any mp or member of the public calling for this......but its all you #ddc go on about.....

Edited by sir nige

2 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Share your understanding then, including how it shows that there is a resident labour market who are able, yet unwilling to fill the vacancies available?

The can work / won't work is an issue that will very soon be taking front and center stage.

54 minutes ago, woolley said:

Which ship?

Isle of Man water is absolutely jumping with chlorine on occasions. It's not the principle of chlorination, it's all about the degree. The highest pH we ever scientifically measured was 10.6!! Granted, that was exceptional and they sorted it pronto when told, but it was often hovering around 9. Not good.

Agree with that. They should be aiming for less than 1 mg / litre.

Not saying there's a problem with manx water, after all, a GREAT deal of it falls out of the sky. However my bread rises better with bottled water.

There you go.

1 hour ago, sir nige said:

so who is campaigning for lower food standards?

so who is campaigning for lower welfare standards?

:whistling:

not seen any mp or member of the public calling for this......but its all you #ddc go on about.....

What on earth are you blathering about?

32 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Agree with that. They should be aiming for less than 1 mg / litre.

Not saying there's a problem with manx water, after all, a GREAT deal of it falls out of the sky. However my bread rises better with bottled water.

There you go.

Agree with that. (We're doing too much agreeing. There must be an x in the month.)

There is absolutely no problem with Manx water at all. It is wonderful natural stuff as it falls from the sky. It's after Manx Utilities get their hands on it and give it a damn good thrashing it takes on problems.