So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

12 minutes ago, Rog said:

Do you REALLY need it explaining?

OK.  The EU has continued to morph towards the United States of Europe which is intended to become a sovereign entity like the USA is and the USSR was. 

The majority of the British people saw this in addition to what was being done to our independence and sovereignty and rightly wanted nothing to do with it hence BREXIT.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Very imaginative nonetheless but as an attempt to move away from the fact that populist "politics" are complete bollox, like "Get brexit done", inevitably it's a FAIL...

8 minutes ago, P.K. said:

"Get brexit done", inevitably it's a FAIL...

It's done. We are out. The UK is legally a separate entity from the EU although you would never guess it from the published EU negotiating position on the future relationship. They seem to believe that the UK is going to sign up to a load of their strictures that it just voted to walk away from. They haven't tried to impose their rules in other trade deals they have done and they don't need to now. Looks like they want to do a Norway on us. They need to be careful not to overplay their hand otherwise they will finish up with no deal and then they really will be looking at Singapore on Thames. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, woolley said:

It's done. We are out. The UK is legally a separate entity from the EU although you would never guess it from the published EU negotiating position on the future relationship. They seem to believe that the UK is going to sign up to a load of their strictures that it just voted to walk away from. They haven't tried to impose their rules in other trade deals they have done and they don't need to now. Looks like they want to do a Norway on us. They need to be careful not to overplay their hand otherwise they will finish up with no deal and then they really will be looking at Singapore on Thames. 

the red lines from the eu aren't as bad as expected......barney said yesterday he accepts the uk wants its own rulebook and will work together on regs (not mandatory as the eu have setout).....big climbdown already.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woolley said:

No deal will hurt the EU, no doubt about it.

However I believe that no deal will be catastrophic for the UK.

Way back when a Norwegian official warned that it's like being in the EU in that you have to obey all the rules the only difference being you get no say in making them.

As I have posted previously as far as I'm concerned the brexit vote was very much to get shot of Johnny Foreigner control immigration even though we already can but our wonderful tory government have failed in their duty to enforce it.

Which is why strong economic reasons and plain common sense simply had no traction with these people. Essentially all the xenophobic nonsense pushed by Farage simply reinforced their prejudices. You know, zillions of Turks are headed this way to burn your villages and enslave your women and children. That kind of total crap.

So even if no deal is a disaster these folks will STILL think it's somehow worth it. In any event the UK's rabid right wing alternate reality press will tell them it's all the EU's fault.

What's not to like...?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

No deal will hurt the EU, no doubt about it.

However I believe that no deal will be catastrophic for the UK.

Way back when a Norwegian official warned that it's like being in the EU in that you have to obey all the rules the only difference being you get no say in making them.

As I have posted previously as far as I'm concerned the brexit vote was very much to get shot of Johnny Foreigner control immigration even though we already can but our wonderful tory government have failed in their duty to enforce it.

Which is why strong economic reasons and plain common sense simply had no traction with these people. Essentially all the xenophobic nonsense pushed by Farage simply reinforced their prejudices. You know, zillions of Turks are headed this way to burn your villages and enslave your women and children. That kind of total crap.

So even if no deal is a disaster these folks will STILL think it's somehow worth it. In any event the UK's rabid right wing alternate reality press will tell them it's all the EU's fault.

What's not to like...?

Y'know I'm convinced that you're just trolling.  

We do not need any trade deals with the EC, certainly not before declaring a close to the transition period, and I read this morning that Gove is considering declaring the transition period ended no later than June, and reverting to WTO terms from which point trading terms would be established as and where proved most advantageous TO US.

We are out of the control of the EC.  It's as if some people don't or won't grasp that our war of independence was won at 11.00 pm on the 31st Dec last year.

It wasn't the declaration of an armistice, it was the conclusion of the war. It's past time that people who want to turn that success into an armistice realised this and concentrated on rebuilding our nation.

3 minutes ago, Rog said:

We are out of the control of the EC.  It's as if some people don't or won't grasp that our war of independence was won at 11.00 pm on the 31st Dec last year.

? You mean 31st January this year.

3 minutes ago, Rog said:

It wasn't the declaration of an armistice, it was the conclusion of the war. It's past time that people who want to turn that success into an armistice realised this and concentrated on rebuilding our nation.

Jingoistic waffle.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

? You mean 31st January this year.

Jingoistic waffle.

Not Jingoistic in the least.  At least that was not my intent.

Instead describing the bloodless war that has been taking place, a war against the EC and the civil war that took place leading up to BREXIT because a bloodless civil war it certainly was.

7 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

And where are they in the new points based system announced by the Government? 

I don't know that they are, but they have been mentioned. Obviously you don't come out with a new policy cast in stone. It evolves as comment is received from interested parties and it is tailored to fit circumstances. There is an agenda in EU sympathetic media to portray everything as a disaster waiting to happen.

Edited by woolley

11 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

There's much more than enough unemployed people who even using existing legislation can be made to do work such as this or be sanctioned. It's not a new problem. In 2 Thessalonians 3:10 " Paul the apostle wrote :-

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

It's a sentiment that I fully endorse.

24 minutes ago, Rog said:

There's much more than enough unemployed people who even using existing legislation can be made to do work such as this or be sanctioned. It's not a new problem. In 2 Thessalonians 3:10 " Paul the apostle wrote :-

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

It's a sentiment that I fully endorse.

I know you're going to be bitterly disappointed to learn this Roger but the Modern Slavery Act of 2015 means you're pissing up a rope.

Presumably not something Paul the Apostle had to deal with...?