So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

3 minutes ago, Rog said:

Last time I was on Tenerife (before the local fishermen solved the immigrant boats problem with sheet steel reinforcement on their boat bows) the number of "lookey lookey" boys would lead one to believe it was still connected to Afreeeka.

No, I'serious Rog, I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that a large chunk of this rock has African origins.

Here you go.....

Geology

At Niarbyl beach you can stand with each foot on different rocks derived from two separate continents. The rocks north of Niarbyl 480 million years old and originate from Gondwana of which southern England and Africa are parts. The rocks north of Niarbyl are sandstones belonging to the Dalby Group which come from a northern continent known as Laurentia of which Scotland and North America are parts. The contact between these two groups of rock is a major geological fault representing the only remnant of the Iapetus Ocean which once separated these continents.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

If you knew, it would have been more helpful to state that it wasn't true rather than perpetuate the myth by using the word "appears".

I did not know if that report was fake or not.  I saw the report and did not raise the matter as it seemed to be unusual.  Then came my experience of a separate queue in Lyon although I experienced no delays.

So what I did was made a suggestion, in good faith, that Rog may want to check the situation at Schiphol.  Not once did I make any anti-brexit statement.  You and Woody2, sorry sir Nige) chose to read into my friendly piece of advice. 

5 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

No, I'serious Rog, I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that a large chunk of this rock has African origins.

Here you go.....

Geology

At Niarbyl beach you can stand with each foot on different rocks derived from two separate continents. The rocks north of Niarbyl 480 million years old and originate from Gondwana of which southern England and Africa are parts. The rocks north of Niarbyl are sandstones belonging to the Dalby Group which come from a northern continent known as Laurentia of which Scotland and North America are parts. The contact between these two groups of rock is a major geological fault representing the only remnant of the Iapetus Ocean which once separated these continents.

Aparently so. A group of American geologists came to see this and got very excited about it a couple of years ago. I know the chap who took them to see the fault area. There's a similar split in Scotland north of the Caledonian Canal, of course, and a very dramatic one at Thingvellir in Iceland. Ours pales into insignificance by comparison, unless you are a geologist, I suppose.

4 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I did not know if that report was fake or not.  I saw the report and did not raise the matter as it seemed to be unusual.  Then came my experience of a separate queue in Lyon although I experienced no delays.

So what I did was made a suggestion, in good faith, that Rog may want to check the situation at Schiphol.  Not once did I make any anti-brexit statement.  You and Woody2, sorry sir Nige) chose to read into my friendly piece of advice. 

OK, apologies for that. I misconstrued your meaning. I was surprised as I don't have you down as one of the posters that generally tries to drive an agenda on spurious or iffy reports. I withdraw the implication.

3 hours ago, sir nige said:

"The Guardian reported that people in the publishing industry started talking of the "Londonstani effect"

is the guardian also racist? how about its readers?

What has that got to do with British born Sadiq Khan's parents coming from India?

Guardian link please Woody.

44 minutes ago, P.K. said:

What has that got to do with British born Sadiq Khan's parents coming from India?

Guardian link please Woody.

Nothing, but who wrote that it did.  It was that London is now so infamous because of immigrants with so many coming from Pakistan, Bangladesh, and the sub-Continent it is frequently refered to as Londonistan even in Snowflake newspapers.