So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

22 minutes ago, P.K. said:

A decade ago, Flybe was listed on the stock market as part of an ambitious pan-European expansion plan.

The listing raised money to buy more planes, including an £850m order for 35 Embraer 175 jets to "underpin" its expansion into Western Europe.

But for years after that it struggled with overcapacity.

"They ended up putting planes on routes to use up the aeroplanes, rather than buying a fleet to fly routes effectively and successive managements battled with that burden," - Andrew Lobbenberg, analyst at HSBC aviation research

Indeed. Rank bad stewardship. Properly managed they had a clear field and a good thing going. 

13 hours ago, Rog said:

Because the European Commission is fundementaly as near to being communist in its aims as makes no difference.

Yes. It’s so nice not having children informing on their parents to the EUSSR secret police anymore, not having thousands of poor plucky Brits serving open ended sentences in EUSSR gulags and re-education camps. Things are so much better now the EUSSR tanks and watchtowers are gone and it’s all thanks to heroes like You Rog. What a tit you are. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Yes. It’s so nice not having children informing on their parents to the EUSSR secret police anymore, not having thousands of poor plucky Brits serving open ended sentences in EUSSR gulags and re-education camps. Things are so much better now the EUSSR tanks and watchtowers are gone and it’s all thanks to heroes like You Rog. What a tit you are. 

The USSR was not congruent with communism.  

22 hours ago, sir nige said:

the funny thing is mother nature has done more in the last few weeks to lower co2 levels than the eco nutters have done in 50 years......

I noticed that too from the polution maps from China.  https://tinyurl.com/sp8oymz 

I interpreted that as while the environment activists may not be using very popular tactics they're onto a very important thing.

BTW - they've not been going balls out for more than a couple of years.

Edited by Rog

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/scott-mann-on-the-working-time-directive-and-brexit-1-6543027

"Challenged by the presenter using past comments from George Eustice, Mann had a suggestion for what the government could do next.

"I genuinely think we need to have a serious think looking at the working time directive," he said."

Say good bye to weekends off and paid holidays...

21 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/scott-mann-on-the-working-time-directive-and-brexit-1-6543027

"Challenged by the presenter using past comments from George Eustice, Mann had a suggestion for what the government could do next.

"I genuinely think we need to have a serious think looking at the working time directive," he said."

I think that the first thing to go will be the holiday pay calculations that have been established through the European Courts.  At the moment the holiday pay reference period is due to be increased to 52 weeks from the 6th April 2020.

Once the Government get around to bringing forward new employment legislation (there has hardly been any since 2016) then the Working Time Regulations and the holiday pay reference period will be squarely in their sights.

Worth remembering of course that the UK was pretty much alone in the EU in allowing employees the right to opt-out of the 48 hours maximum working week.

40 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Don't be silly.

21 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I think that the first thing to go will be the holiday pay calculations that have been established through the European Courts.  At the moment the holiday pay reference period is due to be increased to 52 weeks from the 6th April 2020.

Once the Government get around to bringing forward new employment legislation (there has hardly been any since 2016) then the Working Time Regulations and the holiday pay reference period will be squarely in their sights.

Worth remembering of course that the UK was pretty much alone in the EU in allowing employees the right to opt-out of the 48 hours maximum working week.

And rightly too.

4 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Do you know why the holiday pay reference period was introduced?

Yes, and it was a good move especially as removing the block on working beyond the statutory hours and all that went with it was an opportunity for unscrupulous employers to exploit workers should they wish, and many were doing.

16 minutes ago, Rog said:

Yes, and it was a good move especially as removing the block on working beyond the statutory hours and all that went with it was an opportunity for unscrupulous employers to exploit workers should they wish, and many were doing.

You did not even understand the question.

Just now, manxman1980 said:

Answer it then... Or do you need me to explain what the holiday reference period is?

If you rattle a few grey cells you'll realise that I have answered even though you may not like the way that I did because it didn't leave you with the opening you were looking for.