So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

14 minutes ago, Rog said:

If you rattle a few grey cells you'll realise that I have answered even though you may not like the way that I did because it didn't leave you with the opening you were looking for.

You really didn't.  The Holiday pay reference period has nothing to do with the UK opt-out of the maximum weekly working hours.  I will give you a clue... 

The Holiday pay reference period relates to how employers calculate the pay that an employee should receive whilst on annual leave.  You are free to disagree with the reasoning behind this, as I am sure you will, but in the post below you appear to thing it was a good idea. 

35 minutes ago, Rog said:

Yes, and it was a good move especially as removing the block on working beyond the statutory hours and all that went with it was an opportunity for unscrupulous employers to exploit workers should they wish, and many were doing.

4 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

You really didn't.  The Holiday pay reference period has nothing to do with the UK opt-out of the maximum weekly working hours.  I will give you a clue... 

The Holiday pay reference period relates to how employers calculate the pay that an employee should receive whilst on annual leave.  You are free to disagree with the reasoning behind this, as I am sure you will, but in the post below you appear to thing it was a good idea. 

Just use a bit of joined up thinking and you'll see that I did reply correctly.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/scott-mann-on-the-working-time-directive-and-brexit-1-6543027

"Challenged by the presenter using past comments from George Eustice, Mann had a suggestion for what the government could do next.

"I genuinely think we need to have a serious think looking at the working time directive," he said."

Say good bye to weekends off and paid holidays...

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

I think that the first thing to go will be the holiday pay calculations that have been established through the European Courts.  At the moment the holiday pay reference period is due to be increased to 52 weeks from the 6th April 2020.

Once the Government get around to bringing forward new employment legislation (there has hardly been any since 2016) then the Working Time Regulations and the holiday pay reference period will be squarely in their sights.

Worth remembering of course that the UK was pretty much alone in the EU in allowing employees the right to opt-out of the 48 hours maximum working week.

:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, sir nige said:

i first heard about this last week and posted about it........ba flying in and out of heathrow with no passengers......turns out its some daft eu rule.......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51809318

I think in normal times the rule is perfectly sensible.  It prevents airlines from holding slots that they do not use therefore restricting the flights that can operate in and out of an airport.

Where it becomes daft is not having a clause relating to exceptional circumstances such as coronavirus.

18 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I think in normal times the rule is perfectly sensible.  It prevents airlines from holding slots that they do not use therefore restricting the flights that can operate in and out of an airport.

Where it becomes daft is not having a clause relating to exceptional circumstances such as coronavirus.

Now now.

Don't go spoiling a business as usual running down of the EU with facts.

As we are constantly reminded, brexiteers don't like facts.....

6 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Now now.

Never mind, at least we're now on track to drain the swamp. That's all that really matters.

Won't it be nice when we make the resultant dry land inhospitable for those that may be left --- but really shouldn't be!

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

thats the eu that is......

47 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Now now.

fact is its daft.......