So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

15 hours ago, woolley said:

It's the fact that they think I want to pay for it and will be guilt tripped into it that slays me. And the worthy way in which they portray themselves with such delusional assessments of their assumed influence.

You may have seen ...

… that we have taken some tough decisions about our future. The economic crisis caused by Covid 19 has compelled us to move decisively to ensure that we prioritise our readers in these challenging times.

We know tens of millions of you out there read, share and admire our journalism. If there were ever a time to join us and empower our journalists in their core mission to expose wrongdoing, incompetence, injustice and inequality, it is now, when our traditional sources of income are under such pressure. More than 200,000 people have supported us since March, joining others from 180 countries. Will you join them?

We believe everyone deserves access, now more than ever.

The more support we can get, the bigger the difference we can make. The more readers who fund our work, the more we can investigate. The more contributions we can secure from people like you, the more wrongdoing, incompetence, injustice and unfairness we can expose. Our work has real-world impact, forcing those in power to cleaner, higher standards. The more funding we get, the greater that real-world impact can be.

The Guardian’s independence means we interrogate the actions of those in power without fear. With no shareholders or billionaire owner, our journalism is free from political and commercial biasthis makes us different:D We can give a voice to the oppressed and neglected, and stand in solidarity with those who are calling for a fairer future.

You can support the Guardian today by picking the option that suits you best. Make a recurring or single contribution, from as little as £1. Or subscribe to enjoy ad-free reading and access to our two premium Guardian apps, from £5.99 a month. All reader support, however big or small, is so valuable for our future. Thank you.

And now this...

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/jul/15/guardian-announces-plans-to-cut-180-jobs

Losses of £25 million, here comes the paywall but if that saves peoples jobs rather than its shareholders profits that wouldn't be a bad thing...

43 minutes ago, P.K. said:

A Daily Wail household!

Explains a lot....

Bloke at work used to give it to my dad. Newspapers were quite a lot different in those days, but even so it didn't appeal to me beyond the sport and aforementioned Fred Basset. Once I became a teen I was more Morning Star than anything capitalist. From each according to his ability, to each according to his need, sort of thing.

Yeah yeah yeah. Whatever....

PMQ's has become essential entertainment, no doubt about it. A brother has taken it to the next level.

He records PMQ's, as you do, then watches it whilst comparing it with the following day's reporting of it in the Wail, the Excess, Torygraph, Scum etc. 

According to him it's not only absolutely hilarious but it really highlights just how "alternative" the UK's alternative reality rabid right wing press really is.

So much so that he's taken to reading non-UK newspapers to get the real scoop on brexit.

He's stockpiling. But then he's always been a bit odd. Something to do with being Manx I suppose....

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Just a realist...

You reckon? To record PMQs (which is anal enough in itself) and then go on to spend time comparing it to newspaper reports seems just about as divorced from reality as one could possibly be. Why? It actually sounds like the sort of thing that you would do.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

You reckon? To record PMQs (which is anal enough in itself) and then go on to spend time comparing it to newspaper reports seems just about as divorced from reality as one could possibly be. Why? It actually sounds like the sort of thing that you would do.

Recording a program broadcast at an awkward time of day to watch later is hardly anal Woolster. It would only appear so, of course, if you are a devotee of dumbed down daytime tv.

But hey, don't listen to the detractors. If you like watching daytime tv so you don't have to record it you crack on.

But you are right in one thing. As my brother can testify, the UK alternative reality rabid right wing press, which is pretty much all of it, are as divorced from reality as you could possibly get. Their pathetic efforts to prop up a totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar are amusing though.

Much like the right whingers on here...

Watch online whenever convenient,  but PMQs is just meaningless theatre. All I can do to watch tv at night let alone during the day. Maybe 10 hours a week tops, including on demand. So much to do that's far more interesting. 

Edited by woolley