So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

16 hours ago, P.K. said:

Idiot.

Now you can explain why there is a rise in cases in places like Hale which is a particularly wealthy suburb of M-town?

You're a right-wing brexiteer, no doubt about that....

Obviously don't understand the word "mainly" which, believe it or not, makes provision for exceptions. Look at the areas of highest infection. The figures don't lie. Within those areas, for instance, Oldham is hard hit, but the areas outside of the highly concentrated Muslim areas within the borough are not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, P.K. said:

If only the country had a proper leader it could trust - like Jacinda Ardern...

Perhaps she could do it in her spare time. She's only running a couple of large rocks in the South Pacific with a few people and a lot of sheep.

Passenger arrivals in 2019:

New Zealand: 3.9 million

UK: 143.9 million (that we know about).

Edited by woolley
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

M-town is a stupid term.

Yes, it is, but look who's using it. I think it's his family having a bit of sport with the old duffer.

12 hours ago, P.K. said:

The youngsters call it M-town.

No they don't. You use it and that's about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Perhaps she could do it in her spare time. She's only running a couple of large rocks in the South Pacific with a few people and a lot of sheep.

Passenger arrivals in 2019:

New Zealand: 3.9 million

UK: 143.9 million (that we know about).

Lemons.jpg

• Thanks 1

I thought this was a particularly crass comment:

21 hours ago, woolley said:

I think it's down to political correctness. It's mainly the Muslim areas that are seeing the rise, but they can't come out and say that or they would be crucified, so they lock down the entire region.

Complete bollox of course.

On the BBC News last night Eleanor Roaf, the Director of Public Health Trafford, stated that the new measures were brought into place because nine of the ten city boroughs had seen a rise in cases. So much for "mainly" the Muslim areas. The tenth was actually decreasing from a previously high level. She also stated that most of the increases they are seeing "are innately in the wealthier areas" and having seen the youngsters turn up with the virus they are now seeing the parents.

But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your appalling prejudices.

As to "political correctness" you should try this site: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274  - my apologies that it's from that nest of communist vipers you detest so much known as the BBC. But it puts the lie to your silly opinions as it's pretty transparent.

If you put in the name of your favourite Asian "no-go" area, in your case Rochdale,  it will give you all the current skeet on how they are getting along with the virus. In this case w/e 27/7 they had 69 new cases. Which is 42 cases less than the previous week.

So you clearly don't know what you're talking about as concerns M-town....

@P.K And @woolley time to stop the endless point scoring.

To misquote P.K.  You clearly, neither of you, know what you are talking about.

I don’t want to suspend either of you, but your tit for tat trolling, because that’s what it’s become with the personalising, is fast approaching the initiate a warning level.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

@P.K And @woolley time to stop the endless point scoring.

To misquote P.K.  You clearly, neither of you, know what you are talking about.

I don’t want to suspend either of you, but your tit for tat trolling, because that’s what it’s become with the personalising, is fast approaching the initiate a warning level.

Well, John, it's your show and I respect your position as a moderator which I am sure must be a thankless task. It's your call who posts on here and what is beyond the pale. However,  nobody appointed you as the infallible authority on current affairs, so strip away your position as moderator and I reckon with your second paragraph you are at least close to committing the same misdemeanor that you accuse PK and I of. It would have been a better look with just the 1st and 3rd paragraph. Threats of official sanction and insults do not sit well in the same post. I watch with astonishment some of the stuff on here many evenings between combatants that seems to pass with no comment from the moderators at all. The above exchange between myself and my good friend is for girls by comparison. 

• Like 3

Manchester Covid outbreak 'a warning to complacent white middle class'

Health chief says declaration of major incident shows spread not just in BAME groups.

The declaration of a major incident in Greater Manchester should jolt a “complacent white middle class” into realising that Covid-19 is not just spreading in ethnic minority households, one of the region’s health chiefs has said.

Eleanor Roaf, the director of public health in Trafford, said 80% of its infections in the last week were in the white community, and she urged the region’s 2.8 million residents to concentrate “much harder on what we can do to stop the wider spread”.  She added: “The Trafford narrative is that it is a very white outbreak in Trafford. In other places the narrative is quite different. One of the anxieties is that we don’t end up with a complacent white middle class thinking it’s not affecting them because they think it’s about overcrowding in ethnic minority families.”

Roaf said that two weeks ago many of the Trafford infections were in young people, aged 17 to 22, whereas the rise last week was among 26- to 64-year-olds. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/03/coronavirus-80-new-cases-trafford-among-white-community