So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

On 2017-7-7 at 4:30 PM, Neil Down said:

The husband is a joiner and the wife a financial adviser (manager I think). No idea how they voted. My comment was pointing out to idiot chops that not all people living in Sunderland are t**ts

Fair shout.

13 hours ago, woolley said:

Why don't we just all go and read the Guardian and cut out the middle man?

Well if you did you of all people are absolutely guaranteed to learn something new.

After all, every day is a school day to the open-minded.

However it probably wouldn't sit well with your politics....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Most parts are not made locally or come from Asia and that is the whole point.

Sunderland is an assembler of parts. Nissan and indeed others source their parts from the best place possible for them and currently this is the EU but could actually be anywhere in the world..But now they do it in the EU...

Likewise both Japanese and German interests speak of parts and processing going back and forth and then there is the shipping and selling of the product. That is why the smooth running of the Single Market they see as essential.

These are not my ideas I merely report them...I attach a link about Nissan and their sourcing. Not for you however but for the sensible people..

bazza, i know some management at the plant, i have no need to google for fake facts unlike you.....

and just for you.....

most parts are made locally or come from asia not from the eu so your point is baseless......

48 minutes ago, woody2 said:

bazza, i know some management at the plant, i have no need to google for fake facts unlike you.....

and just for you.....

most parts are made locally or come from asia not from the eu so your point is baseless......

Strange, Sunderland is my home town. One of my best friends works for the main parts logistics company and he told me that plenty of parts come from the EU.

16 minutes ago, woody2 said:

so you know a van driver that doesn't work for nissan against senior nissan management at sunderland.....

how are the parts from asia packaged......

It's always straight with insults and attacks with you, why don't you ever want an adult discussion?

He isn't any van driver, unless they send their van drivers to the US and to Japan for business meetings.

55 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

It's always straight with insults and attacks with you, why don't you ever want an adult discussion?

He isn't any van driver, unless they send their van drivers to the US and to Japan for business meetings.

My advice is don't waste the bandwidth....

2 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Strange, Sunderland is my home town. One of my best friends works for the main parts logistics company and he told me that plenty of parts come from the EU.

Exactly! If it were not so then the Japanese Prime minister would not be so concerned over Brexit on the issue of the car business.  And Nissan concerned about their supply chain of parts from EU countries which, as they and by the way the Germans say, often take more than one cross border journey in the process of both making and finishing....

If it were not so then the UK Government would not have written a "Comfort Letter" to Nissan "promising" to "see Nissan All right" post Brexit.

If it were not so then the likes of the Guardian, Daily Telegraph and BBC Radio 4, BBC World Service and New York Times would not be covering this very issue..

The parts are made in the EU and assembled in Sunderland and thus total friction free access in the Single Market is deemed to be essential...That is the reason they and others came to the UK...Nice place and handy for the EU market....And of course there are many other operations in other trades and industries affected...This is why the EU is astounded at what we are doing.

Now in my day we had car carriers ie ships adapted for carrying cars in bulk from Japan but though this trade still exists the preference seems to be to make your cars closer to you market...Hence Nissan and etc..

Sadly, our Friend Woody 2 has now shown himself up to be just another Troll......

Well the car carrying trade has come on since I was in it! (Amongst other chartering)...When I did this they had bulk carriers fitted with racks or slots carrying cars to the USA. The racks were then folded up and away after the cars had been unloaded and then the ships were filled with grain for the return journey to Japan and South Korea etc...Now they are beasts!...The Japanese company "KKK" does a lot of this sort of thing with car carriers as well..http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3210390/World-s-largest-car-transporter-deck-size-10-football-pitches-able-carry-vehicles-26-mile-traffic-jam-arrives-UK-maiden-voyage-China.html

4 hours ago, woody2 said:

and just for you.....

He knows you know!....(Does our Woody2)...Hey! For all you do....This  Bud's for you! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

no insults at all, you are making false claims, you have no idea the location of parts are produced....

it isn't from the eu.....

as for bazza he still thinks they make ckd, which couldn't be further from the truth...... 

4 minutes ago, woody2 said:

no insults at all, you are making false claims, you have no idea the location of parts are produced....

it isn't from the eu.....

as for bazza he still thinks they make ckd, which couldn't be further from the truth...... 

If I knew what CKD is or was I might know whether to laugh or cry?