So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

36 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Both sides seem to be claiming victory. Let's see what the small print brings out.

Compared with a WTO no-deal it probably is a both side victory. Compared with UK remaining in the EU, in either the short or long term - who knows?

I’m interested to see what the Scots say about it - will they now vote to leave UK and try to rejoin?

• Like 1

That dirty name on the IoM, "Richard Murphy", has some strong opinions on who will benefit on this "oven-ready" Brexit deal and that having accomplished it for his wealthy acquaintances, BoJo might take the jump door in the spring of 2021.

Just watching Keir Starmer taking BoJo's EU deal apart in the Commons debate. He appears to have done a great deal of research into what has been negotiated as it would appear that as soon as UK decides to exercise its "sovereignty" in respect of trade, or steps away from the agreed EU standards then EU tariffs will kick in. As he so quaintly puts it, "This has been baked into the oven-ready deal".

31 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

He's still going to vote for it though.

What's the option? Vote for a bad deal or vote for a bad no-deal? ERG & Co. have painted UK into a corner now in the name of their Little Britain self interest.

There will be God alone knows what devil in the detail but Rees-Mogg is extremely enthusiastic about not allowing more than 5hrs Commons debate about this huge matter and getting it pushed through as quickly as possible. Now why would that be?

• Like 1

Interesting interview with Boris and Laura Kinsberg on BBC news which references new tariffs / border controls etc which Boris call 'changes'.

On the whole the deal has been rushed and in my view will give rise to frictions, both legally and politically.

I see Chris Thomas feels there should have been a Tynwald vote on the deal as a matter of curtesy and as promised by Alan Bell.

No wonder there is cynicism and mistrust in the air over this. 

1 hour ago, Apple said:

I see Chris Thomas feels there should have been a Tynwald vote on the deal as a matter of curtesy and as promised by Alan Bell.

What on earth would be the point of that? Is Chris Thomas so deluded that actually thinks the IoM has any influence in this whole shit show.

2 hours ago, Apple said:

Interesting interview with Boris and Laura Kinsberg on BBC news which references new tariffs / border controls etc which Boris call 'changes'.

On the whole the deal has been rushed and in my view will give rise to frictions, both legally and politically.

No wonder there is cynicism and mistrust in the air over this. 

I'm beginning to think that it was just a question of rushing it through as quickly as possible to "Get Brexit Done" and satisfy the ERG. A lot of people and businesses trading with EU are going to be shit on shortly.

• Like 1