So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

no insults at all, you are making false claims, you have no idea the location of parts are produced....

it isn't from the eu.....

as for bazza he still thinks they make ckd, which couldn't be further from the truth...... 

I'm making no false claims, I could say you are. You do know that Nissan is heavily dependent on Renault? You do know that the diesel engines in the cars made in Sunderland are basically Renault units? Where do you think Renault sources it's parts, do Nissan really go elsewhere?

There's nothing wrong in leaving the EU but thinking they'll suddenly be no trade with EU countries is naive.

Edited by mojomonkey
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2017 at 8:59 AM, woody2 said:

still waiting for hboy to answer........

Hboy can't be bothered answering as Mojo answered and as usual you just used whatever he said as a stick to beat him with as you aren't interested in having a debate just in lashing out and fighting with people as clearly you don't really have enough going on in your life that you have to sit on an Internet forum all day looking for opportunities to fight with people. 

Nissan was clearly the major Japanese manufacturer who assembles in the UK. 

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

I'm making no false claims, I could say you are. You do know that Nissan is heavily dependent on Renault? You do know that the diesel engines in the cars made in Sunderland are basically Renault units? Where do you think Renault sources it's parts, do Nissan really go elsewhere?

the fact is parts are not coming from the eu, the last major parts supplier has since built a plant in the north east....

There's nothing wrong in leaving the EU but thinking they'll suddenly be trade with EU countries is naive.

never said that....

36 minutes ago, hboy said:

Nissan was clearly the major Japanese manufacturer who assembles in the UK. 

not any longer, its gone way past just been a ckd factory....

i was more interested how japan would direct import to the eu cars they don't even make in japan.....

3 hours ago, woody2 said:

not any longer, its gone way past just been a ckd factory....

i was more interested how japan would direct import to the eu cars they don't even make in japan.....

They only make the Quasqai and the Juke in the UK (and the Leaf but who buys that sort of rubbish in high volume). That's all now they even stopped making the Micra there in 2010. The Juke is hardly a high volume seller so it's really only the Quashqai. The rest they will ship straight from Japan I assume so all the big volume sellers will be caught under the new trade agreement. 

Edited by hboy

2 minutes ago, hboy said:

They only make the Quasqai and the Juke in the UK (and the Leaf but who buys that sort of rubbish in high volume). That's all now they even stopped making the Micra there in 2010. The Juke is hardly a high volume seller so it's really only the Quashqai. The rest they will ship straight from Japan I assume.

70% of nissan cars sold in the eu (including the uk) are made in the uk...

its also worth noting that the uk sales is sunderlands biggest market followed by outside the eu and in last place is sales to the eu.....

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

70% of nissan cars sold in the eu (including the uk) are made in the uk...

its also worth noting that the uk sales is sunderlands biggest market followed by outside the eu and in last place is sales to the eu.....

FAKE NEWS ALERT (again)

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/dec/22/uk-car-exports-soar-to-record-high

70-80% of Nissans built in the UK end up exported to Europe but that is not anywhere near 70% of Nissans 715,000 total car and commercials sales in Europe as they only build 2 volume models in the UK (Quashqai and Juke). The rest (plus all the commercials, trucks, and pickups etc) come from outside. And, back to my point, at the moment there is no tariff free trade between the UK and EU guaranteed after Brexit but there is between Japan and the EU so it could well have a devastating effect on Sunderland as I said. Maybe they'll regret potentially voting themselves out of jobs? 

Or maybe we'll just end up subsidizing their whole operation to the tune of £300m a year as we have promised to do if it all goes tit up and tariffs come in? 

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-nissan-subsidies-analysis-idUKKBN12X0K7

Edited by hboy

26 minutes ago, hboy said:

FAKE NEWS ALERT (again)

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/dec/22/uk-car-exports-soar-to-record-high

70-80% of Nissans built in the UK end up exported to Europe but that is not anywhere near 70% of Nissans 715,000 total car and commercials sales in Europe as they only build 2 volume models in the UK (Quashqai and Juke). The rest (plus all the commercials, trucks, and pickups etc) come from outside. You really do need to learn to read. And, back to my point, at the moment there is no tariff free trade between the UK and EU guaranteed after Brexit but there is between Japan and the EU so it could well have a devastating effect on Sunderland as I said. Maybe they'll regret potentially voting themselves out of jobs? 

Or maybe we'll just end up subsidizing their whole operation to the tune of £300m a year as we have promised to do if it all goes tit up and tariffs come in? 

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-nissan-subsidies-analysis-idUKKBN12X0K7

#fakenews......