So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

13 hours ago, woolley said:

The SNP need to start selling the case for what an independent Scotland would look like. All we get from them is EU membership, great services funded by Scotland's natural resources and not being controlled by Westminster.

We never hear anything about the daily practicalities of life, such as the currency to be used

They addressed this is in their economic proposals in October last year.

"An independent Scotland would continue to use Sterling in an informal currency union with rUK until such time as a set of tests are passed that justify the introduction of a Scottish pound."

Regardless of whether you agree with it or not, that's the plan. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, woolley said:

Ridiculous.

As the Daily Telegraph article notes, Brexit has failed. 

The inevitable process of gradually moving closer to the EU has already begun. 

There was never a plan for what would happen if Britain voted to leave the EU. Presumably because the people behind it never really expected (or likely even genuinely wanted) it to happen. They were just riding a populist bandwagon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, genericUserName said:

As the Daily Telegraph article notes, Brexit has failed. 

The inevitable process of gradually moving closer to the EU has already begun. 

There was never a plan for what would happen if Britain voted to leave the EU. Presumably because the people behind it never really expected (or likely even genuinely wanted) it to happen. They were just riding a populist bandwagon.

Brexit hasn’t failed. The UK is out of the EU and now there is an opportunity to establish a new relationship with it  from outside, and the rest of the world without having its hands tied.

By “populist bandwagon” do you mean a majority vote for leaving the EU.

Was it a “ populist bandwagon “ that (regrettably) saw the Tories win the last UK general election?

I would prefer to use the term “ democratically”. Not a term Remainers like to use.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Last para added
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I would prefer to use the term “ democratically”. Not a term Remainers like to use.

I prefer the term 'old racist farts'...most of whom have died since 2016, or will be dead my 2030. 20% of the Brexit vote.

...and left a shit legacy for their children and grandchildren. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, genericUserName said:

It's certainly in a very very sorry state currently.

Er.... So is the entire world following the pandemic and high commodity prices. The EU is not in good shape. USA is slightly better because it is selling oil and gas at super-inflated prices to Europe!

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I prefer the term 'old racist farts'...most of whom have died since 2016, or will be dead my 2030. 20% of the Brexit vote.

Nothing to do with racism. You really need to look more deeply into the EU. It is not the future panacea you clearly believe it to be.

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2023 at 9:00 PM, woolley said:

And so it will prove re Brexit as the EU weakens over time. The sovereignty IS the important thing. Everything else pales into insignificance against it.

You do understand that every trade deal you make can only happen by surrendering some of that precious "sovereignty" along the way...?

It's just another meaningless buzzword that the likes of Farage used to con the hard of thinking...

23 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Calling those who voted for Brexit “old racist farts” is as valid as calling those who voted to Remain “ homophobic”

Neither has any validity.

The racist charge is the last refuge for those who are bad losers and shows their true colours.

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Calling those who voted for Brexit “old racist farts” is as valid as calling those who voted to Remain “ homophobic”

Neither has any validity.

The racist charge is the last refuge for those who are bad losers and shows their true colours.

More piss-poor trolling...