So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

What a twunt Boris is. I mean, what else could he expect? FFS!

The EU has piled further pressure on Britain to settle its “divorce bill” and the fate of EU citizens after Brexit – demanding answers within five days.

Michel Barnier, the EU's chief Brexit negotiator, also ridiculed Boris Johnson’s claim that the EU could “go whistle” over the multi-billion pound exit settlement.

“I'm not hearing any whistling, just the clock ticking,” Mr Barnier told a Brussels conference - underlining where the power lies, in his view.

The second round of the withdrawal negotiations will get underway next Monday, bringing Mr Barnier face-to-face with Brexit Secretary David Davis again.

But the chief negotiator said he wanted clarification “before the beginning of the second round” – making clear he was willing to work through the weekend to make progress.

All the nonsense Boris Johnson spouts in his pursuit of the betterment of Boris Johnson must really piss the negotiation team off. On Monday they will have to explain what Johnson meant to the EU lot. Which will make Team UK look really really stupid.....

The French seem to have a pretty good plan now

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4700008/City-London-accuses-France-plot-wreck-Britain.html

Does anyone really believe that if the shoe was on the other foot that these are not the exact tactics that the City of London would be asked to deploy against France and Germany? They seem to be a bit more effective at it than the UK.

Edited by MediaStar

the problem they have is the companies don't want to move to france and germany, they have been trying for at least 30 years to remove power from london and failed, if the eu was a fantastic place to do business they would have already moved....

i can see the eu losing out to other places in the world....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, woody2 said:

the problem they have is the companies don't want to move to france and germany, they have been trying for at least 30 years to remove power from london and failed, if the eu was a fantastic place to do business they would have already moved....

But isn't that because during that it's largely been a level playing field. Once things change companies will go where the bottom line suits them better. Whether that is the UK or the EU only time will tell.

1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

But isn't that because during that it's largely been a level playing field. Once things change companies will go where the bottom line suits them better. Whether that is the UK or the EU only time will tell.

the eu never has been, take euro trading-they have been trying for years to remove it from the uk, the problem is they are not trusted and the work will go to new york before the eu because its cheaper.....

international trade isn't the main driver of the uk economy, it only makes up 15% of GDP of which 44% is with the eu, so even if the uk lost all trade with the eu, (which no one has said they will), it wouldn't have a massive impact.....

There has been a lot made in the media recently about how Brexit might make the city a less attractive option for dealing with the EU.

"Quelle Surprise! " I hear you say.....

A typical example:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-latest-news-banks-move-9000-jobs-britain-mainland-europe-eu-european-union-jpmorgan-hsbc-a7724231.html

Trouble is so many people believed that you can leave the EU Single Market etc and still have full access as if you remain in the EU...I found so many people totally ignorant...The saving grace is this. If immigration is your problem are you prepared to pay the price for leaving the EU? If so, then fine! You have made the right decision..

16 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Trouble is so many people believed that you can leave the EU Single Market etc and still have full access as if you remain in the EU...I found so many people totally ignorant...The saving grace is this. If immigration is your problem are you prepared to pay the price for leaving the EU? If so, then fine! You have made the right decision..

i not heard anyone say that......