So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

31 minutes ago, woody2 said:

i not heard anyone say that......

Boris said it and used the phrase "cake and eat it"...It has since been referred to and rescinded by various speakers/journalists TV etc...There is a lot of back-pedalling going on....Certainly M Barnier  refers to it pointing out that UK cannot expect to have the same conditions if it leaves as it had/has when a member.  I live here in the EU remember?....I hear real people talking and frankly most of them I know are saying "But nobody told us!"

17 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Boris said it and used the phrase "cake and eat it"...It has since been referred to and rescinded by various speakers/journalists TV etc...There is a lot of back-pedalling going on....Certainly M Barnier  refers to it pointing out that UK cannot expect to have the same conditions if it leaves as it had/has when a member.  I live here in the EU remember?....I hear real people talking and frankly most of them I know are saying "But nobody told us!"

Barnier gave the Maybot 5 days to make definitive proposals on the UK paying what it owes and the post-brexit rights of EU citizens already in the UK. The UK Brexit supporting right-wing press, which is to say pretty much all of it, has remained strangely quiet on the subject. So it will be interesting to hear what Davis has to say for himself tomorrow.

I notice that the open sewer that is The Daily Wail has been trumpeting that France is trying to wreck the UK or some such puerile nonsense. Sure the likes of France and Germany would love to take as much as they can out of the City of London. As would any other financial centre on the planet. As it's been going on for years and years in Reality Land we call that "Business As Usual" and it certainly shouldn't make newspaper headlines.

But it has. I wonder why...?

Not.

4 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

That's what I suspect...We will get a fudge 

Not a fudge but a clear offer. There's considerable fear that if the UK leaves then another major player may leave, probably Holland. Greece would have considerable negotiating power were the UK to leave. Once the German unions get fed up with financing this Utopian dream it's anyone's guess.

What pleases me is the UK banks setting up EU offices in Ireland - a clear two-finger salute to the utterly unreliable, lazy and at times unpleasant French.

Edited by GD4ELI

3 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Brexit is an ill considered, disorganised mess and it's impossible to have any faith at all in the imbeciles on the British side tasked (by themselves) with seeing it through. 

You can't have your cake and eat it but you can have some fudge and eat that!  I post a link

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/829213/Diane-James-UKIP-Brexit-Radio-4-Broadcasting-House-Brussels-negotiations

1 minute ago, GD4ELI said:

Not a fudge but a clear offer. There's considerable fear that if the UK leaves then another major player may leave, probably Holland. Greece would have considerable negotiating power were the UK to leave. Once the German unions get fed up with financing this Utopian dream it's anyone's guess.

What pleases me is the UK banks setting up EU offices in Ireland - a clear two-finger salute to the utterly unreliable, lazy and at times unpleasant French.

The offer will consist of a fudge or "EU Lite"...Holland had a chance recently in their elections and the "leave" folk lost it....

4 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

I have no say in the negotiations but I had a vote in the referendum and I shall be resident in the EC when this debacle reaches it's illogical conclusion. 

The EC was abolished legally in 2009 so good luck with that one. I live under the ECC within the UK inside the EU...