So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Its got to be so confusing for some people, one minute they distrust everything the BBC says and the next they believe them.

with 25000 staff you can't believe none have an agenda? get back to your goose steps

Goose steps? You're the one quoting what they said as truth and then saying they're biased, make your mind up.

Edited by mojomonkey

They should build and equip some half way house facilities so that people who no longer have a medical need to be in hospital could be moved on and release beds for admissions. That would go a long way to dealing with bottlenecks in the system and would actually save money in the long run because expensive medics and equipment would not be standing idle for the want of beds for their patients.

They already have them actually. Commonly if you are elderly and break something that affects your mobility (and I don't mean things like zimmer frames here) when you no longer need medical care you are discharged into a rehab home for intensive physio and so forth. The one I ended up visiting in had lots of dementia patients who had been discharged from hospital but couldn't look after themselves and had been disowned by their relatives ie nowhere else to go.

Neither are news, so no.

What's your definition of news?

Reporting of fact untainted by the slant of the media. Avoidance of reports placed to promote a particular agenda, like the 1984 one described from R4 Today.

That sounds like some idealistic utopian view of what the news isn't..

Neither are news, so no.

What's your definition of news?

Reporting of fact untainted by the slant of the media. Avoidance of reports placed to promote a particular agenda, like the 1984 one described from R4 Today.

That sounds like some idealistic utopian view of what the news isn't..

Certainly isn't at the moment. I can form my own opinions without help from some university product Guardian reading tosser who got a job at the beeb because someone just like him from the previous generation gave it to him.

• Like 1

So you accept the alternative facts presented by the Trump's press secretary?

When I heard the phrase "alternative facts", before the biased media had even had a chance to laugh I immediately thought "1984". As I'm sure anybody who has read will have done. The media aren't making people think it.

So you accept the alternative facts presented by the Trump's press secretary?

When I heard the phrase "alternative facts", before the biased media had even had a chance to laugh I immediately thought "1984". As I'm sure anybody who has read will have done. The media aren't making people think it.

No. I don't accept anything I can't verify. Apart from Einstein of course. I note it and take it into account in forming a view, but as soon as something like the 1984 thing comes on my eyes glaze over I'm afraid. They were promoting the idea and even subtly linking Trump to Hitler. They have no business doing stuff like that.