So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Why shouldn't I have my amusement?

I was simply trying to stereotype my vision of the worst possible person who would vote Brexit for all the wrong reasons. And it worked.

Your post above is proof of that, so thanks muchly.

Don't forget though, stereotypes just don't make themselves up....

Slagging folk off because they hold a contrary view  really isn't the way to engage in an adult discussion  in my view.

It's a bit more than just a contrary view paswt.

A minority of the population have incited an irrevocable change on the slimmest of electoral margins that cannot be stemmed in the usual way (general election). 

However I agree that ad hominem hardly adds to a case. That said, it's clear to even the most  informed and thinking brexiter that many who voted similarly to them match the aforementioned description. Listening to their justification really is cringeworthy at times.

Edited by ballaughbiker
Remove possible oxymoron
  • Like 2

I would contend that if your learned friends have done a 180 on their decision since last June, they are not THAT well educated

Because they can admit they may have been misled or inadequately informed prior to the vote? 

there has been no evidence mounting that we have shot ourselves in the foot other than the constant whingeing of the remain side 

£ truly on its ass compared to a whole swathe of worldwide currencies.

UK Financial services under significant threat

All sorts of businesses looking to leave the UK for EU destinations

Inflation predicted to run away very soon solely due to the low £ that could have a disastrous effect on the JAM's and small businesses when interest rates have to go up as a result.

Investors looking outside of the UK due to the uncertainty.

Regulatory divergence likely to cause all sorts of issues as soon as we leave. etc etc

Yep, everything looks rosy or apparently would do if only those realising the degree of misery this leap in to the dark could cause would stop pointing this out :rolleyes: Yep it's all rosy and the brexit talks are going really well.

The lily-livered attitude of people who see the EU bizarrely as some kind of nurturing nanny is truly appalling.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Just about every remainer I know acknowledges that EU reform is essential. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ballaughbiker said:

Because they can admit they may have been misled or inadequately informed prior to the vote? 

£ truly on its ass compared to a whole swathe of worldwide currencies.

UK Financial services under significant threat

All sorts of businesses looking to leave the UK for EU destinations

Inflation predicted to run away very soon solely due to the low £ that could have a disastrous effect on the JAM's and small businesses when interest rates have to go up as a result.

Investors looking outside of the UK due to the uncertainty.

Regulatory divergence likely to cause all sorts of issues as soon as we leave. etc etc

Yep, everything looks rosy or apparently would do if only those realising the degree of misery this leap in to the dark could cause would stop pointing this out :rolleyes: Yep it's all rosy and the brexit talks are going really well.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Just about every remainer I know acknowledges that EU reform is essential. 

No, not at all. Because if they are so clever they should have made it their business to acquaint themselves with the facts beforehand rather than relying on a few bullet points from the campaign. This is not the behaviour of well educated individuals. It is hilarious to cite being misled or inadequately informed in relation to Brexit when we were taken into the EEC in the first place on probably the biggest lie ever perpetrated on the British public, and there is much competition for that accolade. I suppose there is a certain symmetry. In on a lie, out on a lie.

Everything you have listed there is a result of the incessant talking down of the country and its prospects by some of its own people who should know better and the delays being caused by tarrying around with Brussels when they should have gone for the cleanest, quickest possible break to get through the period of uncertainty. Most of the effects are temporary but the glee with which the liberal media pushes this "calamity" agenda whilst reporting absolutely nothing positive is something to behold. Total disgrace.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 2

I love the way you keep blaming "the liberal media" for all the complete and utter shit sandwich that is the Brexit negotiations when the UK's so-called "liberal media" is pretty much non-existant!

Go ahead, post up the circulation figures of the UK's "liberal media" compared to all the rabid right-wing proprieter driven agendas of The Daily Wail, The Excess, The Torygraph, the one time Thunderer, The Currant Bun and all the rest of the rabble-rousing red-tops.

Go one Woolster, lay all the blame for the total fuckup we're all living through right where it belongs.

Any money it's the quisling BBC being pilloried once again for "balanced" reporting....

Don't be silly.

Apparently the UK "team" are going through the divorce bill line by line for no other reason than they can.

Along with the ill thought out migtattion policy I'm wondering if the aim is a hard Brexit with the EU to blame and not the intransigence of the tory party. 

It does amuse me the way the Maybot states that she's in it for the long haul when it's very obviou that once she takes the blame for the Brexit deal she'll be chucked out of Downing Street.

Anyway Woolster, waiting for your liberal vs right-wing media figures. Or is it going to turn out like the Bus Vannin management structure complete with pay scales?

Yeah, right.....

No, not at all. Because if they are so clever they should have made it their business to acquaint themselves with the facts beforehand rather than relying on a few bullet points from the campaign.

I bet with such foresight, you speculated on the cast-iron certainty of the resulting currency collapse. Have you now retired on the back of it?

As for talking the currency down, can I remind you it happened within hours of the vote.

7 hours ago, ballaughbiker said:

I bet with such foresight, you speculated on the cast-iron certainty of the resulting currency collapse. Have you now retired on the back of it?

As for talking the currency down, can I remind you it happened within hours of the vote.

Yep, having been built up in the previous week on speculation of a remain vote. Please remember that "project fear" started way before the referendum. The position of the euro is falsely manufactured and untenable. Are you invested in it? Me neither.

17 hours ago, woolley said:

The position of the euro is falsely manufactured and untenable. Are you invested in it? Me neither.

Owning property in a € country, as you have said you do, you are invested in the €. The value of your investment depends directly on the value of the € relative to your home currency. The same as if you were invested in any other € asset.

Edited by pongo

3 minutes ago, pongo said:

Owning property in a € country, as you have said you do, you are invested in the €. The value of your investment depends directly on the value of the € relative to your home currency. The same as if you were invested in any other € asset.

Yes, I guess. But our primary reason for having property in Europe is not financial, it's a lifestyle thing and we've had them since well before the euro came along and hopefully will still have them when it's history. The monetary value of them has been up and down like a bride's nightie over the years and is not really so important. When I'm talking about investments I'm thinking in terms of euro denominated bonds, equities etc.

• Like 1