So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

12 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Would that be the euroshambles that lets 58,000 tonnes of goods through the Chunnel pretty much without let or hindrance every single day?

You know what - I believe it is.....

Cheer up Woolster. Tell you what might be fun. Try inventing a word that includes "Catalonia", "independence" and "fuckup" (to keep it topical) that ends with "exit" like the rest eg Grexit, Frexit and so forth.

Tricky.....

We could trade freely with European countries without being in the EU. What would stop us from doing that? Oh yes. The EU.

I started the Catalonia thread a while back. It saddens me because I have a great love for Spain. Madrid has played its hand very badly and made matters worse. It does however give the lie to the bunkum that the EU keeps the peace in Europe.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 1

Just now, woolley said:

I started the Catalonia thread a while back. It saddens me because I have a great love for Spain. Madrid has played its hand very badly and made matters worse. It does however give the lie to the bunkum that the EU keeps the peace in Europe.

Don't be silly.

The internal affairs of a Sovereign State are of no concern to the EU and quite rightly.

Should it reverberate out over the borders, however, then that's a whole new ball game.

17 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Don't be silly.

The internal affairs of a Sovereign State are of no concern to the EU and quite rightly.

Should it reverberate out over the borders, however, then that's a whole new ball game.

Oh, right. So Juncker and co would ride in and stop it then? Don't you be silly.

We could trade freely with European countries without being in the EU. What would stop us from doing that? Oh yes. The EU.

We might be able to if in a customs union but that would also mean those every so EU migrants that we largely rely on still being able to move here.  If only we could get an agreement.... hang on we already have one that we want to trash.

The usual suspects want to stop all right to settle because they stupidly think it will solve all our problems.

7 minutes ago, woolley said:

Oh, right. So Juncker and co would ride in and stop it then? Don't you be silly.

Eh?

Not sure what you mean?

I was just thinking that the Basque Country, including the bit in France, will be watching events with a great deal of interest.

ETA Just remembered ETA (sorry) have disarmed so probably no role for OTAN if it goes to ratshit.

Edited by P.K.

they are been transferred across, any changes in the future will be just like dealing with any other export market....

That is such an utter over-simplification.

Regulation in all sorts of industries that have taken decades to establish are all going to have to be renegotiated with all member states. That too will take decades. It's a very complex issue and apparently dismissing it in a trademark one-liner will not change that.

4 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Regulation in all sorts of industries that have taken decades to establish are all going to have to be renegotiated with all member states. That too will take decades. It's a very complex issue and apparently dismissing it in a trademark one-liner will not change that.

nothing has to be renegotiated, you have to comply with the regulation of that country, same as trading with the rest of the world.....

6 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Most of the countries in the world are not in a trading bloc. They get along fine. Those that are in trading blocs other than the EU are not heading for a single state controlled from the centre of the trading bloc. The EU is promoting unnecessary and unwanted "ever closer union".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, woolley said:

Most of the countries in the world are not in a trading bloc. They get along fine. Those that are in trading blocs other than the EU are not heading for a single state controlled from the centre of the trading bloc. The EU is promoting unnecessary and unwanted "ever closer union".

I don't know.

An "ever closer union" with some of the Eastern European ladies I met in Boston Lincs sounds like a fine idea to me!

• Like 1

nothing has to be renegotiated, you have to comply with the regulation of that country, same as trading with the rest of the world.....

Oh that's ok then because they are all likely to be the same.

Hey woody I'm glad you're back but you are either winding me up or really do fail to see how complex this will be compared to the present arrangements.

I'd rather work from a known position that is far from perfect than an unknown one promising me jam tomorrow.

19 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Oh that's ok then because they are all likely to be the same.

Hey woody I'm glad you're back but you are either winding me up or really do fail to see how complex this will be compared to the present arrangements.

eu is mostly the same, some local regulations are different, its easy comply with the regs of the country, no renegotiation is needed or required....   

• Like 1