So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 minute ago, quilp said:

This strikes me as a slightly pompous assumption, with a bit of subliminal virtue-signalling thrown in.

There is an arguable case for leaving the EU or creating greater distance. The EU probably now also understands the need for that. But the Brexit process, the way it is being done, is clearly stupid - trying to change everything just like that, all in one go. Nobody sensible would propose that. Change is something that sensible people plan and manage one idea at a time. Over many years.

Anyhow - Labour has now clearly positioned itself as the soft Brexit party. In concert with a significant number of sensible Conservatives, that's a majority. So maybe we start to see some pragmatism.

43 minutes ago, John Wright said:

General Election in the offing, as Tory moderates, the Nationalists and the DUP join Labour in a vote of no confidence.

The only reason the Tories didn't vote was that they knew they'd lose. 

still not enough votes for a GE:D

they only reason the tories didn't vote as its non binding:lol:

Just now, John Wright said:

No, woody, you keep up. The motion that was voted on is binding. Read the article

i read the discuss last night on parliament webpage , its non binding, they are going to/have asked the queen

they can publish fully redacted copies(blacked out) as its in the national interest..... 

11 minutes ago, pongo said:

Making stuff up again Woody?

it was opposition day, any votes are non-binding....

the tories have just now stated that the will publish redacted copies (as i said early:whistling:), no one but mp's can read them:lol:

if there was anything massive in these papers it would of leaked by now.... 

15 minutes ago, John Wright said:

They didn't use an opposition day debate motion,and non binding, but a Humble Address motion which is binding.

from whats on the parliaments website, it was opposition day and the votes are non binding? the humble address i have already stated

fully redacted copies can still be published.....  

anna soubry "the documents should be published and could be redacted if necessary" from the debate

today....

david davis said  "as open as we can"  and "how we handle the confidentiality of the documentation we'll hand over"= public won't know...

dd again:lol: -He added that he hoped it would be done "much sooner" than the 12 weeks the government had previously indicated it would take to respond to opposition day debate motions.

leadsom "But, as I think as has been made very clear, it is the case that it is difficult to balance the conflicting obligation to protect the public interest through not disclosing information that could harm the national interest and the public interest whilst at the same time ensuring that the resolution of the House passed yesterday is adhered to."

if there was anything damaging the tories would of been out in force, another let down for remainiacs.... 

Woody. Putting this country-simple: The more redacted a thing is the worse it looks. The implication of any significant redaction is bad news. That’s the dilemma with any forced disclosure. The more black marker, the worse the case for a hard Brexit.

Edited by pongo

50 minutes ago, woody2 said:

anna soubry "the documents should be published and could be redacted if necessary" from the debate

today....

david davis said  "as open as we can"  and "how we handle the confidentiality of the documentation we'll hand over"= public won't know...

dd again:lol: -He added that he hoped it would be done "much sooner" than the 12 weeks the government had previously indicated it would take to respond to opposition day debate motions.

leadsom "But, as I think as has been made very clear, it is the case that it is difficult to balance the conflicting obligation to protect the public interest through not disclosing information that could harm the national interest and the public interest whilst at the same time ensuring that the resolution of the House passed yesterday is adhered to."

if there was anything damaging the tories would of been out in force, another let down for remainiacs.... 

You are either illiterate, and if so I apologise, or in a woody2 winter wonderland of right wing fake news and denial.

what was passed was NOT an opposition debate Day motion it was a Humble Address motion, passed on an opposition debate day. It's binding.

And it's not The Queen who complies, it's her government. They have to publish, unredacted. The select committee decides what is released to the public.

As for the decision not to oppose it's not for any reason you've come up with, its to avoid splitting the Tories and having a rebellion. The Government is running scared of its retainers.

Edited by John Wright

28 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You are either illiterate, and if so I apologise, or in a woody2 winter wonderland of right wing fake news and denial.

what was passed was NOT an opposition debate Day motion it was a Humble Address motion, passed on an opposition debate day. It's binding.

And it's not The Queen who complies, it's her government. They have to publish, unredacted. The select committee decides what is released to the public.

As for the decision not to oppose it's not for any reason you've come up with, its to avoid splitting the Tories and having a rebellion. The Government is running scared of its retainers.

i'll take the word of parliament and government over yours....

i have already produced the facts...

45 minutes ago, pongo said:

Woody. Putting this country-simple: The more redacted a thing is the worse it looks. The implication of any significant redaction is bad news. That’s the dilemma with any forced disclosure. The more black marker, the worse the case for a hard Brexit.

well worldwar3, economic collapse the day after the vote and an emergency budget as claimed by remainers didn't change the outcome:lol:

this will have zero impact....

roll on march 2019.....