So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Woody, you have used that phrase "you lost" a few times usually followed or preceded by summat like "get over it" etc.

We have all lost imo. 20% off the currency will soon start to bite and for the life of me I can't undertand why anyone would vote to be poorer. As someone else said, you may 'have your country back' whatever that really means but will it be better? I doubt it for at least the next 5 years but none of us including the clever experts, really knows.

Edit It's a huge unnecesary leap into the dark and unknown which may turn out OK. One day.

Edited by ballaughbiker
  • Like 1

Woody, you have used that phrase "you lost" a few times usually followed or preceded by summat like "get over it" etc.

We have all lost imo. 20% off the currency will soon start to bite and for the life of me I can't undertand why anyone would vote to be poorer. As someone else said, you may 'have your country back' whatever that really means but will it be better? I doubt it for at least the next 5 years but none of us including the clever experts, really knows.

Edit It's a huge unnecesary leap into the dark and unknown which may turn out OK. One day.

imf stated the pound was overvalued by 20%

another crash is on the way, with or without brexit

nobody knows what the future holds

merkel is no different than a payday lender sending in the heavies (the ecb) to threaten

her facetard policies stink

• Like 1

Whatever the decision it was a leap into the dark. Do we remain on a ship that is slowly sinking or do we jump into lifeboat not knowing if we'll survive the stormy waters.

Life is a bit like that. Many people don't like change, even if there's a chance of a better life at the end of a period of uncertainty.

Edited by Lxxx
  • Like 1

Whatever the decision it was a leap into the dark. Do we remain on a ship that is slowly sinking or do we jump into lifeboat not knowing if we'll survive the stormy waters.

Life is a bit like that. May people don't like change, even if there's a chance of a better life at the end of a period of uncertainty.

Would you say from your personal circumstance, that you would not be detrimentally affected either way, leave or remain?

Life is a bit like that. May people don't like change, even if there's a chance of a better life at the end of a period of uncertainty.

Would you say from your personal circumstance, that you would not be detrimentally affected either way, leave or remain?

We'll all be affected in different ways whether we leave or remain, some positive some negative. It's a bit of a simplistic question.

We'll all be affected in different ways whether we leave or remain, some positive some negative. It's a bit of a simplistic question.

So it should be a simple answer...Do you think you would be detrimentally affected by either result?

So it should be a simple answer...Do you think you would be detrimentally affected by either result?

I don't have a crystal ball, no-one does, whether they voted to leave or remain. As I've said, your question is asking for an as yet unknown, I can't give you the simplistic answer you hope for.

Hmmmm. But seeing as the future is a mystery to us all, neither side knew what they were voting for with any certainty. You have to take a considered view and that is what the more intelligent people on both sides did. For instance, I would have voted leave because I am convinced that the whole edifice will soon implode and it will be better to be out than in when it does. That is my judgement looking at the portents. Yours are clearly different. Concurrently, others on both sides voted for their own reasons and many of those would indeed have been very superficial.

Errr excuse me but a vote to Remain would be to continue as currently. So unlike Brexit it's not a mystery at all. You're just bullshitting as in BBB!

Actually I'm not that different. As I posted a while ago, that you either missed or ignored, that history has taught us that ALL empires fall eventually. So I would expect The Greater French Empire to go the same way. Unless, of course, it morphs into something more suited to a very fast-changing world.

Well if you think that, what the hell are you on about? Your second paragraph completely negates your first. You really don't see it.

As a side bet if you're a gambler, supposing the EU staggers on in the medium term, I can see Ireland following us out the exit in the not too distant.

Don't be totally ridiculous!

Of course my second paragraph doesn't negate the first although I don't expect you to see that. I expect the EU to change but not in the short term hence we should have stayed in as it's better to be in a trading bloc than in none. In my opinion there is far too much emphasis on the CAP to prop up inefficient French agriculture and that will have to be re-negotiated. However, again in my opinion, the food in France has a hell of a lot more taste to it than ours has. The price you pay for the major players wanting to increase their bottom line forcing down production costs I suppose.

I don't gamble other than an annual bet on the Grand National. I have never won. I expect the trade negotiations with the EU to be very difficult pour encourage les autres. However if Le Pen gets in, despite the enormous gains French agriculture gets from the CAP, all bets are most definitely off. However the French food lobby seems to be all-powerful in France. It must be a Gallic thing...

Time will tell.....

I don't have a crystal ball, no-one does, whether they voted to leave or remain. As I've said, your question is asking for an as yet unknown, I can't give you the simplistic answer you hope for.

Slip and slide, dodge and weave.

Do you feel you are financially "well off" that you would not be too adversely affect by either result?

Of course my second paragraph doesn't negate the first although I don't expect you to see that.

From 1st paragraph: a vote to Remain would be to continue as currently.

From 2nd paragraph: ALL empires fall eventually. So I would expect The Greater French Empire to go the same way.

Voila.

Of course my second paragraph doesn't negate the first although I don't expect you to see that.

From 1st paragraph: a vote to Remain would be to continue as currently.

From 2nd paragraph: ALL empires fall eventually. So I would expect The Greater French Empire to go the same way.

Voila.

" I expect the EU to change but not in the short term hence we should have stayed in as it's better to be in a trading bloc than in none. "

Et voila!

15 - All