So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

21 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Come on woody you're not a stupid man, the main destination may be the UK but more (63%) goes elsewhere than the UK. Sometimes there is nothing wrong in conceding a point.

no i'm not;) which is why if you look at pongos figures it includes drinks, its just more of pongos fakenews........

1 minute ago, woody2 said:

no i'm not;) which is why if you look at pongos figures it includes drinks, its just more of pongos fakenews........

Wow, grasping at straws there. The impact and possibilities with trade are still relevant. Drinks would presumably include milk, fruit juices, etc. ie Things that are manufactured by or directly affected by agriculture.

UK is the main market for about 50% of Irish beef Woody. Dairy about 25%. The UK is a major market for Irish farmers - but nothing like "nearly all".

The Republic and the EU is the "main market" for farm produce from the north. In general UK agriculture and food is very much more dependent on EU markets than vice versa. Something 60-70% of exports are to the EU. Whilst the UK accounts for only 8% of EU agricultural exports. Hence UK agricultural regulation will continue to be effectively decided at EU level or else that export trade will be lost.

Edited by pongo

12 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Wow, grasping at straws there. The impact and possibilities with trade are still relevant. Drinks would presumably include milk, fruit juices, etc. ie Things that are manufactured by or directly affected by agriculture.

nope "farm produce" pongos moving the goal posts......

4 minutes ago, pongo said:

UK is the main market for about 50% of beef Woody. Dairy about 25%. No doubt that the UK is a major market for Irish farmers - but nothing like "nearly all".

The Republic and the EU is the "main market" for farm produce from the north. In general UK agriculture and food is very much more dependent on EU markets than vice versa. Something 60-70% of exports are to the EU. Whilst the UK accounts for only 8% of EU agricultural exports. 

Irish beef and veal dominates UK’s imports of both, accounting for 70% of the total beef and veal imports into the UK last year.

:rolleyes:

Just now, mojomonkey said:

If milk isn't a farm produced drink then what the hell is it?

I may be wrong but I think milk comes under dairy. I think drink means the hard stuff mostly. Not absolutely certain though. And it doesn't affect the basic fact vs fiction, dreams vs reality scenario.

3 minutes ago, pongo said:

I may be wrong but I think milk comes under dairy. I think drink means the hard stuff mostly. Not absolutely certain though. And it doesn't affect the basic fact vs fiction, dreams vs reality scenario.

Fair enough, I'm not too stubborn to concede a point.

2 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Doesn't change the issue over potential illegal movement across the border does it though.

eh? pongo was going on about agriculture, these goalposts keep getting wider:lol:

"illegal movement across the border" germany know all about that:lol: when do they start building the wall? does merkel miss it? history repeating.....

• Like 1