So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

6 minutes ago, woody2 said:

eh? pongo was going on about agriculture, these goalposts keep getting wider:lol:

"illegal movement across the border" germany know all about that:lol: when do they start building the wall? does merkel miss it? history repeating.....

Woody, you're not stupid so why do you do continually avoid answering questions by raising irrelevant issues into topics.

Yes, I live in Germany, am I a fan of Merkel, not particularly. You aren't going to goad a response out of me on that front.

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

As someone working in Germany in a sector that supplies tools and machinery to German car manufacturers that doesn't still well with what I'm told. Can you possibly give some sources and further clarification please?

There are clear issues with the future of diesel but that is a separate issue.

I'm afraid that you'll have to do your own library time, but you could start by looking up the likes of Henreich Weiss, Michael Rogowski and Hans-Olaf Henkel - all former BDI Presidents (German CBI).

Just now, mojomonkey said:

Woody, you're not stupid so why do you do continually avoid answering questions by raising irrelevant issues into topics.

Yes, I live in Germany, am I a fan of Merkel, not particularly. You aren't going to goad a response out of me on that front.

what questions? its not me jumping from issue to the other....

• Like 2

20 hours ago, pongo said:

Something around 1/5th of German manufactured cars are sold in the UK with sales worth around €7bn. A 2% drop in sales (the predicted outcome of Britain leaving the single market would be significant) but not devastating. The bigger issue for Britain would be the possibility of German manufacturing pulling out of the UK.

There is also the fact that almost 60% of UK manufactured vehicles go to the EU.

Deloitte seem to disagree with you somewhat Pongo.

https://openeurope.org.uk/today/blog/deloitte-study-finds-german-car-industry-severely-hit-no-deal-brexit/

14 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

I'm afraid that you'll have to do your own library time, but you could start by looking up the likes of Henreich Weiss, Michael Rogowski and Hans-Olaf Henkel - all former BDI Presidents (German CBI).

So, that's a no then. I asked but your not prepared to give references or sources. Never mind, I tried.

11 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

It’s a different spin on basically the same numbers.

Do you accept the need for a transitional agreement period (your link) and also now understand why agricultural regulation will continue to be decided at EU level?

Edited by pongo

6 minutes ago, pongo said:

It’s a different spin on basically the same numbers.

Do you accept the need for a transitional agreement period (your link) and also now understand why agricultural regulation will continue to be decided at EU level?

20 hours ago, pongo said:

Something around 1/5th of German manufactured cars are sold in the UK with sales worth around €7bn. A 2% drop in sales (the predicted outcome of Britain leaving the single market would be significant) but not devastating. The bigger issue for Britain would be the possibility of German manufacturing pulling out of the UK.

There is also the fact that almost 60% of UK manufactured vehicles go to the EU.

Its main findings can be summarised as follows:

• The total revenue from vehicles in the UK will fall by approximately €12.4bn (-18%), and profits by €900m. While producers from the UK and from outside the EU would benefit, the revenue of the EU without Germany would fall by €8.3bn and of German producers by €6.7bn.
  • In the year of withdrawal, car sales will decline by approximately 550,000 units (-19%) in the UK. The German car exports would fall by 255,000 units (-32%).
  • Based on the sales and revenue decline, approximately 18,000 jobs in the German car industry would be put at direct risk.

Overall, the study finds that the impact of such a Brexit on the German car industry would be similar to that of the financial crisis, with car production falling to 2.28m units in 2019, down from 3.07m in 2016 and close to the 2.19m of 2009.

If you seriously believe that you stating "A 2% drop in sales - not devastating" is simply "A Different spin on basically the same numbers" to deloitte's  'impact of Brexit would be similar to that of the financial crisis for German car industry' - then I really see no point in debating it further with you. That cannot in any way shape or form be put down to 'a different spin'.

• Like 1

Tory Brexiters set new red lines over ECJ and free movement

Having been forced to concede all of their previous red lines, this lot now seem intent on making things even more difficult for Mrs May and David Davis. They’re troublemakers, fruitcakes and ideologues. Especially Rees Mogg. Redwood has been advising investors to get out of the UK.

9 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

If you seriously believe that you stating "A 2% drop in sales - not devastating" is simply "A Different spin on basically the same numbers" to deloitte's  'impact of Brexit would be similar to that of the financial crisis for German car industry' - then I really see no point in debating it further with you. That cannot in any way shape or form be put down to 'a different spin'.

read the article carefully again and then Go back over the numbers at source. I am fairly certain that you will concede this point too. Since it is drawn from the same numbers. Even the article points out that the effect would, in their analysis, be similar to the financial crisis. Which was not actually devastating. 

9 minutes ago, pongo said:

read the article carefully again and then Go back over the numbers at source. I am fairly certain that you will concede this point too. Since it is drawn from the same numbers. Even the article points out that the effect would, in their analysis, be similar to the financial crisis. Which was not actually devastating. 

So the financial crisis was not in fact a 'crisis' at all?

• Like 1

Tory rebels warned 'there will be no Brexit without Theresa May' ahead of crucial EU meeting

Jeremy Hunt has issued a stark warning to Tory rebels that Brexit will not happen if Theresa May is ousted as Prime Minister.

The Health Secretary became the first member of the Cabinet to openly raise the prospect that Brexit might not happen when he appeared on ITV's Peston on Sunday programme today.

24 minutes ago, pongo said:

So the financial crisis was, in your view, 'not actually devastating'?