So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

14 minutes ago, pongo said:

Not for the German car industry, no. Clearly. Since it still exists and therefore was not devastated.

"On November 24, 2008, French President Nicolas Sarkozy and German Chancellor Angela Merkel agreed to support the crisis-stricken automobile industry in France and Germany.[35] Detailed plans would be announced shortly."

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/the-bailout-beat-german-auto-industry-seeks-government-help-a-595834.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/24/business/worldbusiness/24iht-24euecon.18101855.html

I think that I'll leave it there. 

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus

1 minute ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

"On November 24, 2008, French President Nicolas Sarkozy and German Chancellor Angela Merkel agreed to support the crisis-stricken automobile industry in France and Germany.[35] Detailed plans would be announced shortly."

I think that I'll leave it there. 

Bizarre, if you click on the 35 to read the article it takes you to the reference on Wikipedia, fine. But when you click that it goes to a NY Times article on Flynn and the Russians, weird.

1 hour ago, pongo said:

Tory Brexiters set new red lines over ECJ and free movement

Having been forced to concede all of their previous red lines, this lot now seem intent on making things even more difficult for Mrs May and David Davis. They’re troublemakers, fruitcakes and ideologues. Especially Rees Mogg. Redwood has been advising investors to get out of the UK.

the same line may has already set out......

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

the same line may has already set out......

Nearly all of the previous red lines have been conceded one at time. What’s the point of a whole lot more which will also be conceded? They are just being difficult for the sake of it. Because they are deranged. It’s a real pity the way in which they have been enabled to take the rest of us off the cliff with them.

19 minutes ago, pongo said:

Nearly all of the previous red lines have been conceded one at time. What’s the point of a whole lot more which will also be conceded? They are just being difficult for the sake of it. Because they are deranged. It’s a real pity the way in which they have been enabled to take the rest of us off the cliff with them.

nothing has been agreed so nothing has been conceded.....

roll on 11pm on march 29 2019:lol:

16 minutes ago, woody2 said:

roll on 11pm on march 29 2019:lol:

Giggle all you like. But you must know by now as well as everyone else, that even if Brexit is not completely cancelled sooner, that date will only mark the beginning of an open ended transitional period. During which Brexit could still ultimately be dumped but, more likely, leading to an arrangement which will result in either complete or partial continued membership of the single market. Effectively.

Edited by pongo

Just now, woody2 said:

we will see but it will play into the hands of labour who have zero interest in the eu.....

The longer the thing is put off the less likely it will happen how you imagine. Because the mood will gradually change. By the time the election is called Labour will almost certainly be behind continued membership of the single market.

1 minute ago, pongo said:

The longer the thing is put off the less likely it will happen how you imagine. Because the mood will gradually change. By the time the election is called Labour will almost certainly be behind continued membership of the single market.

did you read labours manifesto :lol: forget what stamers says, all of corbyns and macs plans can't be done in the single market:lol: keep trying.....

They want to win. And soft Brexit is the winning position - ie staying in the single market. That’s the outcome which unites normals on both the leave and remain side of this hugely divisive situation. It’s the reasonable outcome. Hard Brexit is deranged. Policy will be shaped around winning.

That election could well be between Corbyn and Rees Mogg. Rees Mogg is a sort of man child version of Farage. Some people think he is great, but many more can see what a monumental **** he is. If he is leader then a lot of middle class centrists (the normal people who win elections) will vote for Corbyn. Quite rightly.

1 hour ago, pongo said:

Giggle all you like. But you must know by now as well as everyone else, that even if Brexit is not completely cancelled sooner, that date will only mark the beginning of an open ended transitional period. During which Brexit could still ultimately be dumped but, more likely, leading to an arrangement which will result in either complete or partial continued membership of the single market. Effectively.

Are you confident enough in your position as to place a bet on it - say £1,000 from the loser to IOM Breast cancer support group? (Cash up front with the charity).

13 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Are you confident enough in your position as to place a bet on it - say £1,000 from the loser to IOM Breast cancer support group? (Cash up front with the charity).

1 hour ago, pongo said:

even if Brexit is not completely cancelled sooner, that date will only mark the beginning of an open ended transitional period.

How do you define "winning" or "losing" when it involves an open ended transitional period?

16 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

How would that even work in practice if the cash is upfront? Do they have a system in place for holding donations in lieu of internet political bets? I made a similar bet here ages ago and the person involved buggered off despite me winning. So, in general, probably no. Once bitten, twice shy. Tell me more and try to convince me but you will probably be wasting your time.

I’d maybe be less disinclined if you were offering to make a  £1000 donation to the Labour Party. You’re welcome to chuck them a £1000 if I am right.

15 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

How do you define "winning" or "losing" when it involves an open ended transitional period?

12 minutes ago, pongo said:

How would that even work in practice if the cash is upfront? Do they have a system in place for holding donations in lieu of internet political bets? I made a similar bet here ages ago and the person involved buggered off despite me winning. So, in general, probably no. Once bitten, twice shy. Tell me more and try to convince me but you will probably be wasting your time.

I’d maybe be less disinclined if you were offering to make a  £1000 donation to the Labour Party. You’re welcome to chuck them a £1000 if I am right.

We can work together to 'define' it if you are up for it - do you want to do that?

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus