So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

4 minutes ago, pongo said:

Putting words in my mouth again. The Telegraph article has dropped off the feed. Here is The Guardian piece which addresses the same leaks

Brexiters nowhere to be seen as UK raises white flag over EU divorce bill

Seeing as you are now using the Telegraph as a source (I thought that you were Labour?) - will  you now accept the Telegraph as an official (legitimate) source for me? As a subscriber, I can recall any article that you want - which one have you lost?

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus

2 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

What final ultimatum? Can you post it please.

It’s repeated in the article I have linked to. But is was also widely reported at the time

Michel Barnier, called time and declared that the UK had a fortnight to settle its debts or would miss any chance to give British business some breathing room with a transitional deal.

This is reported to have been the point at which Davis was sidelined.

1 minute ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

(I thought that you were Labour?) 

Lol. I’m a life long One Nation Conservative. 

No time for them currently though. They have been infiltrated just as badly as Labour. They don’t deserve to be in office until they purge themselves of UKIP.

12 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

I think this thread can be summarised as so many crystal balls, so many different futures.

Irrespective of individual positions (on both sides) can everyone agree that no one truly knows what is going to happen?

i have been saying this all along:lol: on the flipside no one knows how the eu will turn out.....

12 hours ago, pongo said:

We can get a good indication of how it is likely to progress from how it has progressed so far. And, so far,  Britain is now where it should have been six months ago. It has agreed, finally on a system for calculating on-going payments - as the EU proposed almost a year ago. Rolling back on the previous positions which were that there was nothing due - then that it might be £20bn - then that they “could whistle for it” (the Foreign Sec bizarrely said that) - that there should be an itemised bill - or that it was dependent on a trade deal. Then all of those positions were dropped and David Davis was sent home whilst the Civil Service sorted it out.

the £20bn is nothing to do with the divorce bill.....

Whitehall warned it is falling behind in the race to secure post-Brexit free-trade agreements  - Telegraph

The government is falling behind in the race to replicate the European Union’s existing network of free trade agreements for use by the UK after Brexit, trade groups and leading analysts have warned.

Liam Fox, the International Trade secretary, promised in October that the UK would replicate up to 40 of the EU trade deals to be ready for “one second after midnight” on March 29, 2019 to ensure that there was “no disruption” to trade.

However, trade groups are privately raising alarm bells over the practicality of “rolling over” the EU agreements into bilateral UK deals, warning of a shortage of capacity in Whitehall to tackle what is turning out to be an increasingly complicated issue.