So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

16 minutes ago, woody2 said:

all drama nothing else.....

I agree.

So what do you believe the outcome will be later this week? Will it be that the DUP accept some form of wording which implies the north remaining in the single market, except perhaps in name? Or will the implication be that all of the UK will effectively potentially be remaining in the single market, except perhaps in name?

Would Parliament accept the first outcome and would the hard - Brexiteers accept the second? How do you see this being settled without another referendum - or do you feel that another referendum, on specifics, is becoming increasingly inevitable?

4 minutes ago, woody2 said:

best bet as far as i'm concerned is a no deal exit, the uk won’t put a hard border in place. let’s see ireland and the eu put their money where their mouth is and build a wall........

I am asking what you realistically believe will actually happen, not what you hope for.

7 minutes ago, pongo said:

I am asking what you realistically believe will actually happen, not what you hope for.

nothing will happen until the 27+ the uk have agreed. the eu tried today to fudge a deal changing what had been agreed, the eu has backed down and failed again.......

10 minutes ago, woody2 said:

nothing will happen until the 27+ the uk have agreed. the eu tried today to fudge a deal changing what had been agreed, the eu has backed down and failed again.......

Hang on. Nobody else is putting that spin on today. Are you saying that you don't think a deal will be agreed this week? Surely today is just theatre no?

I feel sorry for Mrs May. Nobody is going to be pleased with her whatever she does. It must take a lot of stamina. And imagine having to deal with the hard Brexiteers on one side and the DUP on the other. Goons like Redwood, Farage and Mogg. And she quite rightly never even supported Brexit in the first place. Very few on the inside of British industry do, only a few mavericks and spivs.

On the plus side. At least it shows that the Leave side was not being crazy when it predicted that the entire thing would be a nightmare. Brexit has exposed fundamental divisions in Britain which will probably never heal. Let's hope that it's the last ever outing for populism.

My guess is that at the end of this week there will be a deal. That this is all theatre to make the awful DUP feel important. If not she should either call their bluff and go for an election - or else stand up to the deranged hard Brexiteers and negotiate an outcome in which the entire UK stays in the single market.