So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

So in the end, after 18 months (so far) of bitter acrimony, what have we learnt?

1) The UK very much does need the EU more than the EU needs the UK. - the U.K. has been unable to extract even one single token concession from the EU.

2) The Republic of Ireland now appears to have more international clout than the U.K. 

3) The UK will follow EU regulations and customs to the letter without any say on how these regulations are drawn up. 

4) There will be an open border. 

5) The bill to leave will cost £1,870 per U.K. household.

6) UK citizens will lose their rights to live and work across the EU. UK citizens already resident in the EU will only have rights of citizenship in the country they currently reside in. EU nationals currently in the U.K. will lose nothing. 

7) Pan-European projects like City of Culture, Erasmus etc may well exclude the U.K. for good.

8) The cost of trade in financial services, open skies, etc is yet to be dictated to U.K.

9) There is no guarantee on an open border for Gibraltar. 

10) Scotland and Northern Ireland look more likely than ever to leave the U.K. in the near future. 

11) Trade deals do indeed take a very long time, and the U.K. is not very good, or in a very good position to make them. 

12) Leaving the EU will do nothing to improve any sector of the British economy, and that doesn’t concern the government one bit.

I wish all the points above weren’t true. I don’t particularly like the way the EU is going, but at least the U.K. was exempt from nearly all of the negative aspects whilst a member. I’m not the sort of person who would call Brexiteers traitors or careerist self promoters; I think they passionately wished the best for Britain, they just didn’t understand the world all that well. It might look like they’ve pissed in their chips, but thankfully a cornerstone of Britain’s unwritten constitution is that Parliament, not an ill-judged referendum, is sovereign. 

16 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

So in the end, after 18 months (so far) of bitter acrimony, what have we learnt?

1) The UK very much does need the EU more than the EU needs the UK. - the U.K. has been unable to extract even one single token concession from the EU.

2) The Republic of Ireland now appears to have more international clout than the U.K. 

3) The UK will follow EU regulations and customs to the letter without any say on how these regulations are drawn up. 

6) UK citizens will lose their rights to live and work across the EU. UK citizens already resident in the EU will only have rights of citizenship in the country they currently reside in. EU nationals currently in the U.K. will lose nothing. 

7) Pan-European projects like City of Culture, Erasmus etc may well exclude the U.K. for good.

8) The cost of trade in financial services, open skies, etc is yet to be dictated to U.K.

10) Scotland and Northern Ireland look more likely than ever to leave the U.K. in the near future. 

11) Trade deals do indeed take a very long time, and the U.K. is not very good, or in a very good position to make them. 

12) Leaving the EU will do nothing to improve any sector of the British economy, and that doesn’t concern the government one bit.

I wish all the points above weren’t true. I don’t particularly like the way the EU is going, but at least the U.K. was exempt from nearly all of the negative aspects whilst a member. I’m not the sort of person who would call Brexiteers traitors or careerist self promoters; I think they passionately wished the best for Britain, they just didn’t understand the world all that well. It might look like they’ve pissed in their chips, but thankfully a cornerstone of Britain’s unwritten constitution is that Parliament, not an ill-judged referendum, is sovereign. 

Sort of answered your own question really haven't you.

In other EU business today the EU, timed in cruel fashion to further humiliate the Brexit loons, announced a free trade deal with Japan - a country with almost double the population and  gdp of the U.K. - creating a free market of 600 million people worth 30% of world gdp.

Edited by Freggyragh

3 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

In other EU business today the EU, timed in cruel fashion to further humiliate the Brexit loons, announced a free trade deal with Japan - a country with almost double the population and  gdp of the U.K. - creating a free market of 600 million people worth 30% of world gdp.

Did Japan agree to the four principles (including 'free movement of people') ?

Of course not. Japan’s economy is almost double the size of the U.K.’s, in fact, its economy is 45% richer than Germany’s and that’s without the upcoming free trade agreement. Japan’s economy and trading positions complement the EU very well, and Japanese companies have invested heavily in China, South East Asia and the US as well as in Europe. The way world trade works is that the bigger markets generally dictate terms to the smaller markets - which is why Leo Veradkar has a bigger say in Brexit terms than Theresa May. Sorry if reality upsets you snowflake. 

1 hour ago, Freggyragh said:

you still on drugs?

8 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Of course not. Japan’s economy is almost double the size of the U.K.’s, in fact, its economy is 45% richer than Germany’s and that’s without the upcoming free trade agreement. Japan’s economy and trading positions complement the EU very well, and Japanese companies have invested heavily in China, South East Asia and the US as well as in Europe. The way world trade works is that the bigger markets generally dictate terms to the smaller markets - which is why Leo Veradkar has a bigger say in Brexit terms than Theresa May. Sorry if reality upsets you snowflake. 

:lol:

most in the eu don't even know where ireland is....

uk had to spend 6 month telling them about the gfa because they are unable to understand the problem or that other agreements out rank the eu......

40 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

not got past the 28 members yet- how much fun could the uk have......

10 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Ah. You are just trollin’ for laughs. 

no thats what the uk negotiators said....

tolling is what you are doing- nothing you have said is true-

as a example-

6) UK citizens will lose their rights to live and work across the EU. UK citizens already resident in the EU will only have rights of citizenship in the country they currently reside in.

when in fact-

The rights of EU citizens in the UK and UK citizens in the EU to live, work and study will be protected. The agreement includes reunification rights for relatives who do not live in the UK to join them in their host country in the future

;)

“UK citizens who move elsewhere in the EU before Brexit day will have the right to stay in that country.

However after the UK withdraws, the freedom of movement principles will not be the same for UK citizens living in the EU as EU citizens living in Britain.”

That’s because EU citizens in the U.K. will get the right to live in any of the constituent countries of the U.K., but U.K. citizens in the EU are only get leave to remain in the EU country they currently Iive in. Thats on the BBC website. No doubt Woodtard will say that’s fake news. 

Edited by Freggyragh

27 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

“UK citizens who move elsewhere in the EU before Brexit day will have the right to stay in that country.

However after the UK withdraws, the freedom of movement principles will not be the same for UK citizens living in the EU as EU citizens living in Britain.”

That’s because EU citizens in the U.K. will get the right to live in any of the constituent countries of the U.K., but U.K. citizens in the EU are only get leave to remain in the EU country they currently Iive in. Thats on the BBC website. No doubt Woodtard will say that’s fake news. 

:rolleyes:the doc is here-

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/sites/beta-political/files/joint_report.pdf

they are not removing existing rights from those that live in the eu from the uk or vice versa, it would breach not only eu law but international law to do so...

anyone moving to the eu after exit or coming to the uk would have to apply like anyone else....

On 12/8/2017 at 9:11 PM, Freggyragh said:

Agree with all of the above (thanks xenophobic thick as pigshit Daily Wail reading Little Englanders) apart from the last paragraph.

A more despicable trio of egocentric self-serving chancers than Farage Gove and Johnson I find absolutely impossible to imagine....