So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

24 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Barnier says 'Canada FTA' - Davis says 'Canada FTA +++ with services added in'. EU cannot function without City of London trade finance, and neither Paris nor Frankfurt (even combined) have anything close to the time (16 months), the infrastructure, or the connections to set up as rivals - that is and always was a bluff.

My opinion is that it is far too early to say what will happen as the devil, as ever, will be in the detail.

Sure it's extremely easy to relocate the city jobs as all they need is essentially office space and comms. However it's not so easy to move eg families with kids at school. Of course they could always just relocate the jobs and not the people but I don't really see that happening.

I guess we'll find out.

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I can see a move against May coming in the next week. Now's the time to put up or shut up for the hard Brexiteers.

Quite possibly.

I can just see Gove and Johnson backing each other to the hilt.

And then giving it a twist....

18 minutes ago, P.K. said:

My opinion is that it is far too early to say what will happen as the devil, as ever, will be in the detail.

Sure it's extremely easy to relocate the city jobs as all they need is essentially office space and comms. However it's not so easy to move eg families with kids at school. Of course they could always just relocate the jobs and not the people but I don't really see that happening.

I guess we'll find out.

To put things into context, London ranks No1 in the Global Financial Index (slightly ahead of New York).

The only EU centre to make it into the top 20 is Luxembourg which scrapes in at 18th place.

Frankfurt lags behind in 23rd whilst Paris at No29 is as close to the Isle of Man (58th) in the rankings as it is to London!

16 months from 23rd or 29th to rival No1 simply cannot be done, whatever Macron, Junker and Barnier claim.

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus

I suspect pretty much the whole planet knows that London is the premier financial centre.

But times change with telecomms having moved on exponentially.

Plus there may well be a transition period. May has asked for two years but, like the deal presented the other day, it's entirely down to the 27 on what they are prepared to give.

I guess we'll find out.

20 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

I wasn’t thinking of those chancers, or the Brexit backing newspapers. They were obviously all in it for the money. 

what money....

8 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Isn't that David Davies' approach too?

he just likes winding lefties up like you.....

7 minutes ago, woody2 said:

he just likes winding lefties up like you.....

No idea where you get this idea I'm a leftie from. As I've said many times I'm pretty much centre, neither particularly left or right leaning. I suppose I'm probably left in comparison to you but you'd make Thatcher look left wing.

5 hours ago, P.K. said:

I suspect pretty much the whole planet knows that London is the premier financial centre.

But times change with telecomms having moved on exponentially.

Plus there may well be a transition period. May has asked for two years but, like the deal presented the other day, it's entirely down to the 27 on what they are prepared to give.

I guess we'll find out.

eu wanted 4 years, the weak eu backed down and have now said 2....

clearly the markets didn't like the draft, the pound keeps getting pulled down by the euro.....

1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

No idea where you get this idea I'm a leftie from. As I've said many times I'm pretty much centre, neither particularly left or right leaning. I suppose I'm probably left in comparison to you but you'd make Thatcher look left wing.

by what you post....

#fantaboy

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

Well, there's no doubt people judge you based on what you post.

#woodyfacts

yes facts:thumbsup:

your as daft as the irish government....

"nothing is agreed until everything is agreed" say the document yet...

But the Irish government said that as far as it was concerned the agreement signed on Friday between the EU and the UK was binding.

:lol: it gets better....

"The European Union will be holding the United Kingdom to account,"

has anyone told ireland that the eu can't take the uk to court....

#thicko

Edited by woody2

27 minutes ago, woody2 said:

yes facts:thumbsup:

your as daft as the irish government....

"nothing is agreed until everything is agreed" say the document yet...

But the Irish government said that as far as it was concerned the agreement signed on Friday between the EU and the UK was binding.

:lol: it gets better....

"The European Union will be holding the United Kingdom to account,"

has anyone told ireland that the eu can't take the uk to court....

#thicko

Ok, none of which I've posted or discussed, I think you're confusing me with other posters.

Edited by mojomonkey
grammar