So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

dd was criticised for saying last friday's deal was not set in stone and everything had yet to be agreed. the remainers were fuming with that......

yet now the remainers are saying nothing should be set in stone until a 'meaningful'  vote in march 2019......

surely that is at odds with the eu position as stated over recent days? they want each stage set in stone......

#dontknowwhattheywant

2 minutes ago, woody2 said:

clearly not talkin' about germany......

Nope, talking about the UK's pathetic Government. By all means go ahead with Brexit but they need to sort themselves out, they're embarrassing. It's looking increasingly likely that May's days are numbered.

Why are you so keen on a no deal Brexit, surely it cannot be in anyone's interests to be left with just uncertainty.

2 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Nope, talking about the UK's pathetic Government. By all means go ahead with Brexit but they need to sort themselves out, they're embarrassing. It's looking increasingly likely that May's days are numbered.

Why are you so keen on a no deal Brexit, surely it cannot be in anyone's interests to be left with just uncertainty.

no deal exit is just the opposite, it guarantees certainty.....

its one amendment, which the gov. had already stated would happen, its not the end of the world ffs:rolleyes: there will be a few more no doubt.....

the fact is now, if a deal with the eu does come in the last minute (as it always does with the eu) the uk will be outside the eu with no transition while parliament has a vote....

they have done this on purpose and the remainers walked right into it:lol:.... 

No doubt you won't agree but I cannot see business viewing a no deal Brexit as something that brings certainty.

I admire your belief that this is all being done on purpose, you give our politicians more credit than I do. I just see them lurching from one mess to another. If there really is a plan they are geniuses at disguising it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, woody2 said:

they have done this on purpose and the remainers walked right into it:lol:.... 

You have got it completely the wrong way around. The ‘rebels’ are doing the government’s work for them. Nobody in government or the economy wants anything other than a ‘soft’ Brexit. I have been saying that all along.

Nobody serious is supporting a no-deal Brexit. There would be tanks at Heathrow if any change of government or within the government took Britain towards that. You can have a soft Brexit, or no Brexit.

Edited by pongo

27 minutes ago, pongo said:

You have got it completely the wrong way around. The ‘rebels’ are doing the government’s work for them. Nobody in government or the economy wants anything other than a ‘soft’ Brexit. I have been saying that all along.

Nobody serious is supporting a no-deal Brexit. There would be tanks at Heathrow if any change of government or within the government took Britain towards that. You can have a soft Brexit, or no Brexit.

or just exit......

55 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

No doubt you won't agree but I cannot see business viewing a no deal Brexit as something that brings certainty.

I admire your belief that this is all being done on purpose, you give our politicians more credit than I do. I just see them lurching from one mess to another. If there really is a plan they are geniuses at disguising it.

plenty of businesses do....

the gov. said they would lose 3-4 amendments, are you saying they are wrong?

you would expect the gov. out in full force if they thought it was important yet they weren't in the chamber for the debates....

there is more than one way to skin a cat......

18 minutes ago, woody2 said:

or just exit......

The more you look at it, the more you realise that there is no “just”. We are never really going to be separately delineated places ever again. And the revised infrastructure simply won’t be in place for years. The computer systems, the new departments etc etc.

Most times that the EU makes a new law or changes the fine detail on some specific regulation, the UK will have to follow along. What we will end up with is the two speed Europe which sensible people have been arguing for. But not a separation.

I’m not arguing against it. But we need to stop pretending that Britain is breaking away from the EU.

ETA: I expect that a generation from now populist opinion in England and the rump Uk will be demanding input into the decision making process and democratic representation with the EU.

Edited by pongo

21 minutes ago, pongo said:

The more you look at it, the more you realise that there is no “just”. We are never really going to be separately delineated places ever again. And the revised infrastructure simply won’t be in place for years. The computer systems, the new departments etc etc.

Most times that the EU makes a new law or changes the fine detail on some specific regulation, the UK will have to follow along. What we will end up with is the two speed Europe which sensible people have been arguing for. But not a separation.

I’m not arguing against it. But we need to stop pretending that Britain is breaking away from the EU.

ETA: I expect that a generation from now populist opinion in England and the rump Uk will be demanding input into the decision making process and democratic representation with the EU.

already in place....

its a sleight of hand that happened and you can't see it....

also nothing to stop the gov. overturning it further down the line....