So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

18 minutes ago, woody2 said:

doubt it with the queen been in favour of leaving...... 

Prince Harry’s fiancé is anti Brexit. She even Tweeted about it. Most younger people can see what a dreadful mistake Britain is making. It’s certainly mostly only old people and those with a chip on their shoulder who are in favour of a hard Brexit. You’ll struggle to find many well educated people under 60 who support it.

I would expect that the Queen is 100% neutral. And brilliantly so. The rumour to the contrary will have been a misintrepation - and nobody with any respect for her role would have leaked the implication.

• Haha 1

FTSE Closes at all time high today;

It is the second such record in nearly a week, having pushed above the 7,600 mark for the first time last Thursday to reach 7,603.98 points.

That upward trend continued on Wednesday, when London's blue chip index rose 0.37% or 28.02 points to close at 7,620.68 points

This remoaning recession is killing my investments (not).

Let me explain this to you as simply as I can. Companies listed on the FTSE are big multi-nationals that earn profits in multiple currencies and hold assets in multiple jurisdictions. The value of those companies is listed on the LSE in pounds. When investors lose confidence in a country the value of that country’s currency falls. The pound has lost a lot of value and is now trading at around €1.12, ¥151, or $1.33, therefore UK based companies that earn in hard currency are now worth more pounds, and in pound terms their market capitalisation values have risen. Of course that doesn’t mean that we aren’t all 15% worse off already - unless you too earn in other currencies. 

Edited by Freggyragh

3 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Let me explain this to you as simply as I can. Companies listed on the FTSE are big multi-nationals that earn profits in multiple currencies and hold assets in multiple jurisdictions. The value of those companies is listed on the LSE in pounds. When investors lose confidence in a country the value of that country’s currency falls. The pound has lost a lot of value and is now trading at around €1.12, ¥151, or $1.33, therefore UK based companies that earn in hard currency are now worth more pounds, and in pound terms their market capitalisation values have risen. Of course that doesn’t mean that we aren’t all 15% worse off already - unless you too earn in other currencies. 

no loss if paid in other currencies.....

No loss if paid in other currencies - true. Also true if you buy in other currencies, but overall U.K. based companies are doing well for the moment whilst they have a weak currency at home and can trade freely with the world’s largest trading block. All that changes with tarrifs - there are plenty of models for weak currencies combined with weak trade deals. 

30 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

No loss if paid in other currencies - true. Also true if you buy in other currencies, but overall U.K. based companies are doing well for the moment whilst they have a weak currency at home and can trade freely with the world’s largest trading block. All that changes with tarrifs - there are plenty of models for weak currencies combined with weak trade deals. 

the eu tariffs are certainly hurting the uk along with the expensive single market.......

9 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Tsk....

As I have discovered the hard way in order to answer the pomposity of a post by Maximus Uranus correctly the terminology is "I cannot make my answer any simpler than this...." or variations thereof.

You're close. You just need to refine it a bit. Otherwise well done sir/madam/whatever!

Edited by P.K.
Gender neutrality

15 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

5 hours ago, P.K. said:

Tsk....

As I have discovered the hard way in order to answer the pomposity of a post by Maximus Uranus correctly the terminology is "I cannot make my answer any simpler than this...." or variations thereof.

You're close. You just need to refine it a bit. Otherwise well done sir/madam/whatever!

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk......  Forgive me, I  have clearly sinned.

The funds that I bought at launch in 2011 are only up by 256.34%.

The commercial investments that I hold only have an ROI of 24%.

Oh how I wish that I had listened to P.K. and Freggyragh. What an idiot I have been.

I am truly sorry guys, I should have listened - what do I need to do now to extricate myself from this shit? Can you please run your successful investment policy by me again 'as simply as you can'.

Forgive me, please. 

Thicko (Simpleton)  M.A.

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus

5 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Take the piss all you like - do you want to challenge the facts?

Ps. I don't mean 'Smirk' - I mean formally challenge ?

I have no intention or arguing with you about the size of your wad or how great your investments are performing.

I might slightly question whether you have any class for bragging about it.

Oh no. Did I say that out loud? Formally.

Edited by pongo

2 minutes ago, pongo said:

I have no intention or arguing with you about the size of your wad or how great your investments are performing.

I might slightly question whether you have any class for bragging about it.

Oh no. Did I say that out loud?

Say it as loud as you like Pongo.

I have two coconuts (PK and  Fragglyrock) explaining it to me 'As simply as they can' - And a third coconut (you)  saying that I dare not answer them back with facts.

Three disappointed Coconuts I fear.