So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

8 hours ago, paswt said:

To be fair "MA" was goaded into responding robustly by patronising posts fired his/her direction. 

If some on this site  believe they have "class" I fear , in my eyes perhaps they may be deluding themselves as I believe how you conduct yourself in life  is far more  important than having a bulging wallet or claiming to being a member of an 'aristocratic family ' or having lots of "sterstificates" :lol: 

I see no reason to disbelieve his good fortune and perhaps it was because he was astute or perhaps just lucky. 

I have been 'lucky' in life , personally and financially and have taken chances ( financially ) against the advice of those who professed to know better and at the end of the day appear to be perhaps 'comfier ' than them.

That said I will readily confess I do not understand money and prefer to put money into 'things' which hopefully, when the money runs out can be sold to buy a crust.

I don't put anyone on "ignore" because by the law of averages we are all bound to say something sensible sooner or later but I'm not too bothered if others choose to ignore me as I don't need universal approval and only really value the opinions of folk I really know.:):flowers:

Thank you for that Paswt, it means a lot.

Yes , I have done reasonably well, but, as one of six kids born to a Father who was a pipe-fitter in a sulphuric acid plant, and a mother who held down three jobs (including a night shift) to make ends meet, and born in a terraced council house just outside Liverpool, I'm not taking any lectures on money, class, or anything else from these moaning Coconuts.

They think that they will somehow 'brow-beat' me, sorry but they are going to (continue) to be disappointed losers (as evidenced by their posts).

I don't have (and never have had) 'Class' - but I do have (and will use to the best of my ability), intelligence, hard work, honesty, loyalty, and a sense of duty - those attributes are (after 40+ years of scrimping) starting to pay off. Sorry if they sound old fashioned.

Am I going to feel guilty about that and bow down to these Coconuts? Don't hold your breath.

Thanks again.

11 hours ago, paswt said:

I don't put anyone on "ignore" because by the law of averages we are all bound to say something sensible sooner or later.....

I believe you have forgotten to factor in woody2.....:)

It harks back to the thinking that if you gave three monkeys a typewriter each then eventually they would produce The Complete Works of Shakespeare.

However once it's completed they would still be just three monkeys.

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

adonis has gone:lol: another unelected bureaucrat who doesn't believe in democracy.......

I would have thought that would have found favour with you as you appear not to believe in democracy either. Certainly not with regard to the UK where you consistently argue against and do not accept parliamentary democracy. 

I know it’s poor taste to boast about personal wealth. However,  I can’t resist pointing out that I made a pretty quick 200% by laying a White Christmas in Aberdeen (couldn’t get it on for Aviemore) and increased it 50% backing Might Bite in the King George on Boxing Day - both verifiable by checking the Catalonia thread. Cheers Woodyfacts. 

Edited by Freggyragh

1 hour ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Thank you for that Paswt, it means a lot.

Yes , I have done reasonably well, but, as one of six kids born to a Father who was a pipe-fitter in a sulphuric acid plant, and a mother who held down three jobs (including a night shift) to make ends meet, and born in a terraced council house just outside Liverpool, I'm not taking any lectures on money, class, or anything else from these moaning Coconuts.

They think that they will somehow 'brow-beat' me, sorry but they are going to (continue) to be disappointed losers (as evidenced by their posts).

I don't have (and never have had) 'Class' - but I do have (and will use to the best of my ability), intelligence, hard work, honesty, loyalty, and a sense of duty - those attributes are (after 40+ years of scrimping) starting to pay off. Sorry if they sound old fashioned.

Am I going to feel guilty about that and bow down to these Coconuts? Don't hold your breath.

Thanks again.

I have to say Maximus Uranus that I view the above as a load of old flannel.

Nobody is trying to "brow beat" you or whatever you think is going on so I can assure you that nobody is going to be "disaapointed losers" or whatever. It's like all the imagined nonsense you came up with about me. Especially the "Gimme gimme gimme" footnote that must have given all those who know me on here a really good laugh.

I'm still waiting for you to apologise about that but I guess you're just not big enough....

9 hours ago, Lost Login said:

I would have thought that would have found favour with you as you appear not to believe in democracy either. Certainly not with regard to the UK where you consistently argue against and do not accept parliamentary democracy

never said that.....

9 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

I know it’s poor taste to boast about personal wealth. However,  I can’t resist pointing out that I made a pretty quick 200% by laying a White Christmas in Aberdeen (couldn’t get it on for Aviemore) and increased it 50% backing Might Bite in the King George on Boxing Day - both verifiable by checking the Catalonia thread. Cheers Woodyfacts. 

fakefacts:whatever: you asked for a white xmas, aviemore had one, nothing about it snowing, which it did anyway.....

10 hours ago, Lost Login said:

I would have thought that would have found favour with you as you appear not to believe in democracy either. Certainly not with regard to the UK where you consistently argue against and do not accept parliamentary democracy. 

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

never said that.....

Not in those exact words but your posts give the impression that the UK has to leave the EU etc as it voted that way in an advisory referendum and that the UK parliament should not vote etc to the contrary. You are therefore arguing that a purely advisory referendum should bind parliament and therefore are not accepting of the fact that the UK is a parliamentary democracy and it should be up to parliament to reach its own decision on the matter and not be forced to follow the results of the referendum

1 hour ago, Lost Login said:

Not in those exact words but your posts give the impression that the UK has to leave the EU etc as it voted that way in an advisory referendum and that the UK parliament should not vote etc to the contrary. You are therefore arguing that a purely advisory referendum should bind parliament and therefore are not accepting of the fact that the UK is a parliamentary democracy and it should be up to parliament to reach its own decision on the matter and not be forced to follow the results of the referendum

it is not upto remoaners to go against the will of the people for political gain, mp's that disregard the voters that put them there should not stand again, parliament asked the people and now should get on with the job......

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, woody2 said:

it is not upto remoaners to go against the will of the people for political gain, mp's that disregard the voters that put them there should not stand again, parliament asked the people and now should get on with the job......

If MPs had to stand down every time they went against those that voted for them none would last very long. The chances that an MP agrees 100% with everything that every voter in their constituency wants is null, it would be impossible.

I do agree that the MPs should get on with Brexit, if that's what the majority wanted then that's what should happen. The problem is obviously that MPs, Government and Civil Service didn't have a clue what Brexit entails.

4 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

If MPs had to stand down every time they went against those that voted for them none would last very long. The chances that an MP agrees 100% with everything that every voter in their constituency wants is null, it would be impossible.

I do agree that the MPs should get on with Brexit, if that's what the majority wanted then that's what should happen. The problem is obviously that MPs, Government and Civil Service didn't have a clue what Brexit entails.

just once would be nice:rolleyes:

everyone knew what exit entails apart from the remoans......

leaving the eu:lol:

clearly the remoans didn't read the govs. propaganda leaflet before the vote.....

#thicko's 

42 minutes ago, woody2 said:

clearly the remoans didn't read the govs. propaganda leaflet before the vote.....

Britain did not vote on that govt’s interpretation of what Brexit means. It voted only to leave the EU.That was the only question asked. Nothing else.

It can mean practically anything.