So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

15B Euros - that’s all they have to find? It’s hardly a bump in the road compared to what the U.K. will have to find. Plus the big players will get to shape the market and regulations without any political interference from the newly marginalised lobbyists representing U.K. companies’ interests. 

I’m meeting people in business every week who are talking about whole industries being wiped out by Brexit - it’s very sad to see. Without playing games with partisan contributors like Woodyfacts, is anyone in any business actually seeing any golden opportunities or exciting prospects - I get that this was more about English nationalism than business opportunities (duh!), but can anyone who actually employs people see any kind of upside?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

15B Euros - that’s all they have to find? It’s hardly a bump in the road compared to what the U.K. will have to find. Plus the big players will get to shape the market and regulations without any political interference from the newly marginalised lobbyists representing U.K. companies’ interests. 

I’m meeting people in business every week who are talking about whole industries being wiped out by Brexit - it’s very sad to see. Without playing games with partisan contributors like Woodyfacts, is anyone in any business actually seeing any golden opportunities or exciting prospects - I get that this was more about English nationalism than business opportunities (duh!), but can anyone who actually employs people see any kind of upside?

Just out of curiosity what are these whole industries that look like being wiped out?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

no £49 billion is the total loss to the eu.....

14 minutes ago, woody2 said:

utter rubbish....

It isn't utter rubbish. Colemans are shutting their historic Norfolk factory. They (Unilever) are moving different parts of their operation elsewhere in the UK and part to Germany. Whether it is a result of Brexit is debatable, personally I suspect they have looked at operational efficiency and would have done it regardless of Brexit.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

It isn't utter rubbish. Colemans are shutting their historic Norfolk factory. They (Unilever) are moving different parts of their operation elsewhere in the UK and part to Germany. Whether it is a result of Brexit is debatable, personally I suspect they have looked at operational efficiency and would have done it regardless of Brexit.

it is:rolleyes: colemans don't even make mustard.......

Every busines  that’s struggling will blame it on brexit but businesses come and go, the big high street shops are fighting for a ever decreasing market with the internet shopping breaking there backs along with ridiculously high rents. A lot of some of the larger companies employ cheap european labour on minimum wages of course they don’t want brexit and Merkel isn’t the force she was and the undeniable unsavoury fact is the nationalists or the far right parties are gaining  ground throughout Europe, Europe has to change too before its to late.

Edited by GreyWolf

3 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Apologies, of course it's Colman's mustard and they are closing their iconic factory in Norwich. I'm pretty sure you knew what was meant, surely you aren't that pedantic.

so richard was wrong as usual :lol:

the plan to separate colmans started in 1995, hard to blame that on exit, they are opening a new mill in the area to process with, so hardly leaving the area (more fakenews from you and richard) 

colmans will still be milled in norwich, mixing is moving to burton, packing of dry sauce mixes moving to germany....

3 minutes ago, woody2 said:

the plan to separate colmans started in 1995, hard to blame that on exit, they are opening a new mill in the area to process with, so hardly leaving the area (more fakenews from you and richard) 

colmans will still be milled in norwich, mixing is moving to burton, packing of dry sauce mixes moving to germany....

As I said I personally don't think the closure has anything to do with Brexit. It remains a fact that they are closing the factory though, feel free to explain how any of that is #fakenews.

I would agree that Richard was appearing to put a negative Brexit slant on it, I am not.

Edited by mojomonkey
Stupid autocorrect

7 minutes ago, woody2 said:

Ps. If we're being pedantic it's actually Colman's (not Colmans) Mustard, as in mustard made by the Colman family.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

As I said I personally don't think the closure has anything to do with Brexit. It remains a fact that they are closing the factory though, feel free to explain how any of that is #fakenews.

I would agree that Richard was appearing to put a negative Brexit slant on it, I am not.

read the post ffs....