So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

Have done thanks, now you answer the question ffs. How exactly is any of what I've said (me not Richard, I generally don't agree with him) constitute fakenews?

I'll give you a clue, none of it does.

are they or are they not moving the mill, the main process....

1 minute ago, woody2 said:

like they have anything to do with it:lol:

face it,you jumped in and lost, again.......

Of course they have nothing to do with it anymore, it's clearly an historic name and brand. I doubt Unilever's Mustard would be a big marketing hit.

I haven't lost anything as I wasn't competing in anything. If that's the way you look at conversation on an internet forum then good for you, seems a tad odd to me.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Have done thanks, now you answer the question ffs. How exactly is any of what I've said (me not Richard, I generally don't agree with him) constitute fakenews?

I'll give you a clue, none of it does.

7 minutes ago, woody2 said:

3 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

And relevance of that to my question and posts is? You like your diversion tactics don't you.

will a factory still be in norwich....

12 minutes ago, woody2 said:

will a factory still be in norwich....

Learn to read.

My posts refer to the closure of their "historic" and "iconic" factory. Is that not true? I've made no attempt at denying that parts of the operation will be relocating elsewhere in the UK and in Germany. All of that is entirely true and in no way fakenews.

I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, but as usual you seem to get off on petty arguments rather than occasionally accepting a fact. Nothing I've said is fake and I once again state I don't personally think the closure and relocation is due to Brexit.

As an aside, do you ever find yourself purely out of habit arguing with your reflection in the mirror?

Edited by mojomonkey

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

It isn't utter rubbish. Colemans are shutting their historic Norfolk factory. They (Unilever) are moving different parts of their operation elsewhere in the UK and part to Germany. Whether it is a result of Brexit is debatable, personally I suspect they have looked at operational efficiency and would have done it regardless of Brexit.

14 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Learn to read.

My posts refer to the closure of their "historic" and "iconic" factory. Is that not true? I've made no attempt at denying that parts of the operation will be relocating elsewhere in the UK and in Germany. All of that is entirely true and in no way fakenews.

the main process is just moving to another part of norwich...

richards "Well Colemans (which has been in Norfolk for 160 odd years) is moving away... "

post is not factual at all.....

41 minutes ago, woody2 said:

the main process is just moving to another part of norwich...

richards "Well Colemans (which has been in Norfolk for 160 odd years) is moving away... "

post is not factual at all.....

Ffs, I asked you to clarify what I've said that isn't true. I specifically said me not Richard, I don't give two figs what he said, I'm asking to explain why you call my posts in the matter fakenews. Clearly you can't do that and aren't mature enough to simply accept a point.

#woodydiversiontactics

5 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

In reply to Woodyfacts’ question; Agriculture, fishing, insurance, accounting and manufacturing. Anyone see any golden opportunities for any of these sectors in Brexit? 

From what I experience business people just get on with it. Trade will continue and there are always new opportunities. It is the media and the politicians that do most of the wailing and much of that is playing to the gallery. Commerce just wants to see the finished article so that it can plan for the future. Even if it's no deal, business people will just get on with it. That's what they do.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, woolley said:

From what I experience business people just get on with it. Trade will continue and there are always new opportunities. It is the media and the politicians that do most of the wailing and much of that is playing to the gallery. Commerce just wants to see the finished article so that it can plan for the future. Even if it's no deal, business people will just get on with it. That's what they do.

To an extent but whether business's survive or flourish may depend on the terms of the deal as whilst business and trade will carry on it may or not be at the same level as before in the UK. Businesses will go where it best suits them which may or may not be the UK. If that was not the case millions would  still be working in manufacturing the Midlands rather than seeing most going to the far east.

I am sure there may be opportunities but they will not just be for the UK. I am sure all the EU countries are hoping to use Brexit to get business to move from the UK. Problem it is all guesswork pending their being some indication of how it will all come out in the wash.

Well, there’s guesswork, and then there’s calculated evidence based projections (aka ‘project fear’). As I frequently talk to people in various industries who don’t expect those industries to survive Brexit (and in the case of agriculture they’ve been told in England that the whole industry will be gone, bar ‘countryside care’ within five years) I was just hoping to hear some positive news about the ‘opportunities’ of Brexit. One tiny glimpse of a positive outlook from any sector at all would be nice to hear about.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

It isn't utter rubbish. Colemans are shutting their historic Norfolk factory. They (Unilever) are moving different parts of their operation elsewhere in the UK and part to Germany. Whether it is a result of Brexit is debatable, personally I suspect they have looked at operational efficiency and would have done it regardless of Brexit.

15 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Ffs, I asked you to clarify what I've said that isn't true. I specifically said me not Richard, I don't give two figs what he said, I'm asking to explain why you call my posts in the matter fakenews. Clearly you can't do that and aren't mature enough to simply accept a point.

#woodydiversiontactics

i've already pointed it out once but since you can't read:rolleyes: the main part (#milling) is staying so claiming its all leaving is untrue....