So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

12 hours ago, Lost Login said:

To an extent but whether business's survive or flourish may depend on the terms of the deal as whilst business and trade will carry on it may or not be at the same level as before in the UK. Businesses will go where it best suits them which may or may not be the UK. If that was not the case millions would  still be working in manufacturing the Midlands rather than seeing most going to the far east.

I am sure there may be opportunities but they will not just be for the UK. I am sure all the EU countries are hoping to use Brexit to get business to move from the UK. Problem it is all guesswork pending their being some indication of how it will all come out in the wash.

uk has more manufacturing output now than in the 70's....

36 minutes ago, woody2 said:

i've already pointed it out once but since you can't read:rolleyes: the main part (#milling) is staying so claiming its all leaving is untrue....

Not at the same factory. I said it is true that the factory is closing, and it is. You do realise you're arguing over nothing don't you?

7 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Not at the same factory. I said it is true that the factory is closing, and it is. You do realise you're arguing over nothing don't you?

thats not what you said....

They (Unilever) are moving different parts of their operation elsewhere in the UK

:whistling:

Elsewhere in the UK obviously includes elsewhere in Norfolk. Norfolk was still part of the UK last time I looked. The existing factory is closing.

Why are you so desperate to argue everything, I'm on my lunch break killing time but surely you have better things to do.

Isn't this all rather irrelevant anyway. The point relevant to the thread is whether the closure and moves are the result of Brexit. I don't think Brexit has anything to do with it, I suspect you don't either.

Edited by mojomonkey

4 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Elsewhere in the UK obviously includes elsewhere in Norfolk. Norfolk was still part of the UK last time I looked. The existing factory is closing.

Why are you so desperate to argue everything, I'm on my lunch break killing time but surely you have better things to do.

Isn't this all rather irrelevant anyway. The point relevant to the thread is whether the closure and moves are the result of Brexit. I don't think Brexit has anything to do with it, I suspect you don't either.

how about elsewhere in norwich:lol: as the press release says....

most of the jobs are in the growing of mustard and mint plus the milling, none of which is changing.....

it was announced in 1995 to split the business so nothing to do with exit...

the old site is massive, no point keeping a small part of the site open when they can sell and make a few quid....