So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

But hell, you'll be "Taking Back Control" - of a complete clusterfuck....

Lol. Of course, you'll be the first to admit you're wrong when it all pans out to be a mutually beneficial swings and roundabouts arrangement. 

You just want it to be a big disaster so you can sit back with the agreeable Merlot and guffaw at the plebs, preferably accompanied by an audience of equally-gloating nodding dogs. Not once have you commented on the parlous state of the bloc, like it's some sort of unaccountable and unassailable edifice to whom bidding must be done. It presently faces the biggest crisis in its history. Brexit is just one of the many problems it faces when you bother to look at what else is going on in other member states.

Seems you've a bit of a narrow view here, PK.

"Clusterfuck" nah, you're gonna be disappointed. When it's all over and settled and people are smelling flowers, you'll be looking for a coffin. 

• Like 1

What, you think I want a lower standard of living?

Do you know ANYBODY who wants a lower standard of living?

Actually apart from Rog who, bless his little cotton socks, is back to his reactionary best i.e. kicking out Johnny Foreigner is worth any price. As long as you have enough disposable income to weather a financial downturn that is....

It's all "wait and see" mode. But the signs are not good. Think Davis will win the day?

Neither do I.....

40 minutes ago, P.K. said:

So WTO means no tariffs then?

Errrr hang on a minute there Roy...!

Back on ignore.

it means no eu tariffs dumbo....

23 minutes ago, P.K. said:

staying in the eu would lead to a lower standard of living...

uk has had constant growth since the vote

even "call me dave" says its not as bad as he predicted.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@ PK: If there are tariffs it will cost EU countries more than it will cost the UK. They sell us more than we sell them, therefore with reciprocal tariffs they will pay the UK more than the UK pays them. The government could then choose (being outside the EU) to reimburse those industries that have to pay tariffs via the taxation system.

Rees-Mogg today was actually right. The UK Government is being far too timid in letting the EU side set the agenda in negotiations and it is indeed no way for this country to behave. Time to do some table thumping and if they don't like it, walk.  

Edited by woolley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Actually apart from Rog who, bless his little cotton socks, is back to his reactionary best i.e. kicking out Johnny Foreigner is worth any price. As long as you have enough disposable income to weather a financial downturn that is....

It's all "wait and see" mode. But the signs are not good. Think Davis will win the day?

Neither do I.....

Is a consequence of Brexit a lower standard of living for everyone?

Can you explain how and why this would be? Sans parroting the fear-factory clichés and bias. You say it's "all wait and see ... but the signs are not good," what signs are these then? Even you must admit, there've been a few positives recently... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, quilp said:

Can you explain how and why this would be?

Well, yes.  All 'sides' in the great Brexit debate agree that a consequence will be lower economic growth in the UK for some period.

Lower economic growth = lower standard of living.  The only unknown is how long the lower economic growth will last.  In 500 years, it won't make a difference.  Probably the same for 300, 250, 200 years.  It starts to get fuzzier for shorter time periods.  Plenty of examples of political/economic decisions having detrimental economic effects after 100 years. A kind of reverse expanding funnel of doubt, as Frank Reddington didn't say.

12 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Well, yes.  All 'sides' in the great Brexit debate agree that a consequence will be lower economic growth in the UK for some period.

Lower economic growth = lower standard of living.  The only unknown is how long the lower economic growth will last.  In 500 years, it won't make a difference.  Probably the same for 300, 250, 200 years.  It starts to get fuzzier for shorter time periods.  Plenty of examples of political/economic decisions having detrimental economic effects after 100 years. A kind of reverse expanding funnel of doubt, as Frank Reddington didn't say.

nope, growth isn't down to one thing, anyone predicting the level of growth is just guessing........ 

On 24/01/2018 at 5:48 PM, The Phat Tog said:

Personally, I'm uncomfortable with being under the heel of a bloated bureaucracy at the head of which are some very unappealing characters, unelected and unaccountable

PK & Pongo - feel free to join in if you wish.

Do you still live on the IOM? Governed, literally governed, from London but no MP (compare it with Scotland, Wales and the north of Ireland. They have their own governments but are also represented nationally.)

14 hours ago, quilp said:

Can you explain how and why this would be? Sans parroting the fear-factory clichés and bias. You say it's "all wait and see ... but the signs are not good," what signs are these then? Even you must admit, there've been a few positives recently... 

why wait for something like this to happen,get that tunnel shut and man the southern coast with troops,these migrants will do ANYTHING to get to these shores and spread their vile beliefs.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/11774/belgium-migration-data