So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

6 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Hahahaha Gate Stone.

10 hours ago, woody2 said:

just had some labour bloke on bbctw claiming no one mentioned leaving the single market during the referendum.......

lab.jpg.4f89592c6d8d5885c576debaeca70943.jpg

what about labours chuka shown to be a liar last night richard.......

• Like 1

16 hours ago, woolley said:

@ PK: If there are tariffs it will cost EU countries more than it will cost the UK. They sell us more than we sell them, therefore with reciprocal tariffs they will pay the UK more than the UK pays them. The government could then choose (being outside the EU) to reimburse those industries that have to pay tariffs via the taxation system.

Some key indicators on 2016 as produced by the HoC last month:

The EU, taken as a whole is the UK’s largest trading partner. In 2016, UK exports to the EU were £236 billion (43% of all UK exports). UK imports from the EU were £318 billion (54% of all UK imports).

The share of UK exports accounted for by the EU has fallen over time from 54% in 2006 to 43% in 2016. The share of UK imports accounted for by the EU fell from 58% in 2002 to 50% in 2011 before increasing to 54% in 2016.

The UK had an overall trade deficit of £82 billion with the EU in 2016. A surplus of £14 billion on trade in services was outweighed by a deficit of £96 billion on trade in goods.

The UK had a trade surplus of £39 billion with non-EU countries. A surplus of £78 billion on trade in services outweighed a deficit of £39 billion on trade in goods.

Services accounted for 38% of the UK’s exports to the EU in 2016. Financial services and other business services are important categories of services exports to the EU.

IMHO the Achilles Heel is the Services Sector. Losing passporting could have a ripple effect into UK - ROW trading as well. I guess we'll find out.

The full report PDF is here http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7851

Strange but true I backpacked across Knoydart with one of the authors.

12 minutes ago, P.K. said:

IMHO the Achilles Heel is the Services Sector. Losing passporting could have a ripple effect into UK - ROW trading as well. I guess we'll find out.

so who are these companies that will be affected by passporting.....

after london, new york is the biggest eu financial hub, they don't have passporting.....

its a myth put forward by remoans, even the imf have stated so.........

9 hours ago, pongo said:

Do you still live on the IOM? Governed, literally governed, from London but no MP (compare it with Scotland, Wales and the north of Ireland. They have their own governments but are also represented nationally.)

Not a Manx resident Pongo so I'm very much directly under the jackboot of the 4th Reich.  (the reason I come on here BTW is that after 70+ visits and counting to the Rock equalling something over 2 years of time, what happens on the Island affects me, so I like to keep up to date with what's happening)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, woolley said:

They're just not as efficient.

The Nazis were famously inefficient. There was no effective govt - they were typical common sensers - the sort of people who believe that govt gets in the way.

Nazi Germany was competing fiefdoms often with overlapping responsibilities.

3 hours ago, woolley said:

They're just not as efficient.

3 hours ago, pongo said:

The Nazis were famously inefficient. There was no effective govt - they were typical common sensers - the sort of people who believe that govt gets in the way.

Nazi Germany was competing fiefdoms often with overlapping responsibilities.

I meant not as efficient at bringing destruction to Europe, but by jingo, they're working on it.