So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

20 hours ago, pongo said:

So you don”t actually care about democracy with respect to the IOM then. The lack of representation where much of the policy is decided. And yet you live here and complain the EU undermines UK democracy. Very odd.

Imagine if the voters on Little Piddlington East, or whichever Rotton Borough it is that Rees Mogg represents, were to be told they were not going to be represented because they always vote Tory anyhow and it makes no difference.

Care about democracy in the Isle of Man? I don't think that ship has sailed because I don't think it was ever launched. I believe in the sovereignty of the nation state. The IoM isn't one. It leads an existence that is convenient to itself and the wider British interest just like the other offshore dependencies. You know the situation. You either buy in if it suits you, or you don't.

• Thanks 2

Brexit isn’t about opportunity at all is it? It’s just English nationalism. A nostalgic madness that conjures up the spectre of oppression where there is none as a rallying call to the weak-minded who need a strong identity. I sympathise to an extent; what was once as imperial identity is now multicultural, trade on the empire’s terms has been swept aside by globalism and its new realities. Foreigners even write, and often speak, your own language to a higher international standard than you do. I sympathise to an extent, but not much. In the great scheme of things you are not victims, you’re just struggling to terms with a world that doesn’t think you’re as special as you think you are, and if you’re not careful your best mates might just give up and leave you to work out your frustration and self-harming on your own. That would be very sad, so I do hope you get over yourselves. 

Edited by Freggyragh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Brexit isn’t about opportunity at all is it? It’s just English nationalism. A nostalgic madness that conjures up the spectre of oppression where there is none as a rallying call to the weak-minded who need a strong identity. I sympathise to an extent; what was once as imperial identity is now multicultural, trade on the empire’s terms has been swept aside by globalism and its new realities. Foreigners even write, and often speak, your own language to a higher international standard than you do. I sympathise to an extent, but not much. In the great scheme of things you are not victims, you’re just struggling to terms with a world that doesn’t think you’re as special as you think you are, and if you’re not careful your best mates might just give up and leave you to work out your frustration and self-harming on your own. That would be very sad, so I do hope you get over yourselves. 

You sound a bit "special" , your mum may love you but a fair few others may think you are a bit of a ..............:lol:

ETA  .... hope this helps:lol:

Edited by paswt

38 minutes ago, paswt said:

You sound a bit "special" , your mum may love you but a fair few others may think you are a bit of a ..............:lol:

ETA  .... hope this helps:lol:

If you tried to condescend any harder, you'd burst a blood vessel.

How are the points Freggyragh raised (which were put across in a eloquent and well thought out fashion, without resorting to insults or pettiness) reason to call him "special"?

Edited by RIchard Britten
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

How are the points Freggyragh (which were put across in a eloquent and well thought out fashion, without resorting to insults or pettiness) reason to call him "special"?

:lol::lol::lol: , " special was in "........" as I was quoting his "word".

Hope this helps

39 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

And in typical fashion, you have misunderstood his use of the word "special".  He meant "special" as in "unique".

But, I can understand where your confusion arises from.

Hope that helps.

Clearly you don't  understand the written word,  " what can't speak can't lie "  ...........and I would be obliged if you refrained from putting words in my mouth or telling me what I understand or fail to understand  so you haven't helped .

Hope this helps

Edited by paswt

Just now, paswt said:

Clearly you don't ,  " what can't speak can't lie "  ...........and I would be obliged if you refrained from putting words in my mouth or telling me what I understand or fail to understand  so you haven't helped .

Hope this helps

But if you aren't told where you have made a mistake, how will you learn and grow as a person?

And now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

6 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

But if you aren't told where you have made a mistake, how will you learn and grow as a person?

And now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

You "know" nothing  :lol: , ......... "battle" ??.........:lol:

52 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

:lol: 

Edited by paswt

15 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Is the UK not going to phase them out irrespective of being in or out of the EU?

Seems most of the developed world has already done so or is planning to - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase-out_of_incandescent_light_bulbs Surely just a case of advances in technology? Couldn't you get more efficient (cheaper to run) led lights?

the eu rules have exemption at the moment for some trades, these will be removed in 2020. led it not the same type of light, you can't repair or recycle them and cost 5 times as much....

its like getting rid of old cars yet failing to take into account the manufacture impact...

i'm incandescent.....

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

That’s sad. Because of energy concerns tungsten-halogen lights are being phased out around the world - the EU and Japan will have switched to LED by 2020. Large parts of North America, such as LA have already made the switch, Australia banned tungsten-halogen lights in 2009 and China has all but phased them out. Still I suppose, if international environmental agreements allow, Brexit Britain could make a stand for inefficient lighting. Could become a theme park of obsolete technology or something. 

domestic not trade use, the places you mentioned all have exemption for trade.....

13 hours ago, ballaughbiker said:

Someone has worked out that you are better off junking 50W GU10s now even if they are new and unused and putting in 6W LEDS in their place.  

At least we now know why woody is so rabildly pro- brexit. It's all them tungsten lamps yessa.....

and the environmental impact doesn't matter of changing lighting for no reason?

time to scrap old motorbikes.......

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

domestic not trade use, the places you mentioned all have exemption for trade.....

and the environmental impact doesn't matter of changing lighting for no reason?

time to scrap old motorbikes.......

Steady  'woody2'  .................... I'm not scrapping my motorcycles .:D