So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

9 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

But what are the actual benefits?  You don't know do you?

In the same vein, what are the benefits of remaining? I've yet to hear a convincing argument that doesn't involve a lot of screeching about losing cultural diversity, multicultural enrichment, inclusion, liberal ethics, ad nauseum.

So tell me, RIchard, convince me that it's best for Britain to stay in the bloc. Define the advantages... 

1 minute ago, quilp said:

In the same vein, what are the benefits of remaining? I've yet to hear a convincing argument that doesn't involve a lot of screeching about losing cultural diversity, multicultural enrichment, inclusion, liberal ethics, ad nauseum.

So tell me, RIchard, convince me that it's best for Britain to stay in the bloc. Define the advantages... 

Deflect, deflect, deflect....I asked first.  If you can answer without sounding like a sound bite generator, then I will in kind.

11 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Deflect, deflect, deflect....I asked first.  If you can answer without sounding like a sound bite generator, then I will in kind.

11 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Deflect, deflect, deflect.

i am yet to hear 1 good thing about the eu from you remoans.....

22 minutes ago, quilp said:

I've yet to hear a convincing argument that doesn't involve a lot of screeching about losing cultural diversity, multicultural enrichment, inclusion, liberal ethics, ad nauseum.

Do you dislike cultural diversity, inclusion, liberal ethics etc? Isn't the term "liberal ethics" an Americanism - and therefore itself implicitly multicultural?

These all seem to me quite separate from whether or not the UK is part of the EU.

What about black music?

Edited by pongo
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, quilp said:

And into the fray the racist inference is again thrust. Introduced to stifle argument in an avalanche of accusation and inquiry. 

Your post introduced it:

...involve a lot of screeching about losing cultural diversity, multicultural enrichment, inclusion, liberal ethics, ad nauseum.

12 minutes ago, quilp said:

And into the fray the racist inference is again thrust. Introduced to stifle argument in an avalanche of accusation and inquiry. 

You imagined all that.

I asked you a straight question, politely. Because I am trying to understand where you are coming from. So I will ask again:

Do you dislike cultural diversity, inclusion, liberal ethics etc? Isn't the term "liberal ethics" an Americanism - and therefore itself implicitly multicultural?

These all seem to me quite separate from whether or not the UK is part of the EU.

What about black music? Isn't that about cultural diversity?

Edited by pongo

2 minutes ago, woody2 said:

but thats nothing to do with the eu.....

I agree. And that's more or less what I was saying / asking. I think I am much closer to your position than to Quilp's (or Woolley's). But I am trying to find out. I'm not sure.

There is a big difference between the Whig Brexit position (Rees Mogg and co) vs the majority UKIP position which is much more about nationality and identity. It's interesting to note for example that the ERG letter from the 62 hard Brexit MPs today sets out their red lines. No mention of free movement. Free movement is not apparently a red line. Which is interesting given the rumours of progress towards a deal for the City.