So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Says the man who often posts whilst quaffing wine on some idyllic Iberian balcón. :)

It's called efficiency and high level productivity, PK. I seldom post on here when I'm not also working. I don't waste my spare time on it. I'm a bit like Richard in that respect, although I'm working for myself, of course.

Being able to multi-task says something about you....

It's only an emotive subject to those who get emotional about it but I must admit I've not seen the UK as polarised as this since the demise of Thatcher! Which then gets reflected on here as it did then. But that was different in that it seemed that those who lived through the Thatcher years thought she was an absolutely foul creature and those who didn't kept banging on and on about how wonderful she was because something needed to be done and she did it. However everyone knew something had to be done but the issue was the WAY she did it. Lots of folks just couldn't get that....

We're all in wait and see mode but seeing the word "smug" bandied about a lot I find really strange. I for one am outlooking a drop in my standard of living and there's nothing remotely smug about that!

5 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Being able to multi-task says something about you....

It's only an emotive subject to those who get emotional about it but I must admit I've not seen the UK as polarised as this since the demise of Thatcher! Which then gets reflected on here as it did then. But that was different in that it seemed that those who lived through the Thatcher years thought she was an absolutely foul creature and those who didn't kept banging on and on about how wonderful she was because something needed to be done and she did it. However everyone knew something had to be done but the issue was the WAY she did it. Lots of folks just couldn't get that....

We're all in wait and see mode but seeing the word "smug" bandied about a lot I find really strange. I for one am outlooking a drop in my standard of living and there's nothing remotely smug about that!

another positive of exit if you lose.....

:lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, woody2 said:

so do i:whistling: your lack of ability is not a reason to stay in the eu.....

And you can do an export to a country with no trade agreement as quick as one with, what total nonsense or do you have a magic watch and stop time? Even you would have to accept that more paperwork has to take more time (printing, calculating, signing, communicating with customs departments).

Anyway, I never mentioned staying in the EU, we're leaving, let's get on with it. I do believe some form of agreement is beneficial though.

1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

And you can do an export to a country with no trade agreement as quick as one with, what total nonsense or do you have a magic watch and stop time? Even you would have to accept that more paperwork has to take more time (printing, calculating, signing, communicating with customs departments).

Anyway, I never mentioned staying in the EU, we're leaving, let's get on with it. I do believe some form of agreement is beneficial though.

it's not rocket science :rolleyes: my shipping agent has local handlers in nearly every country in the world (the ones they don't you wouldn't want to go to:lol:)

eu paperwork is far worse......

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, woody2 said:

it's not rocket science :rolleyes: my shipping agent has local handlers in nearly every country in the world (the ones they don't you wouldn't want to go to:lol:)

eu paperwork is far worse......

Are you purposely missing the point? I didn't say it was rocket science but it is simple logic that exports to countries without agreements is more time consuming. When you do a lot of exports a day all that extra time adds up, not sure how you can't see that.

I know you don't like the EU but that doesn't alter the fact that exports between EU countries are easy, there is effectively no large paper trail and forms to complete.

Edited by mojomonkey
grammar

28 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Ffs, I do it every working day. It's not impossible or hard but it is time consuming, with an agreement it will undoubtedly be simpler and easier.

Once it becomes routine it's like everything else, just er.... routine. Like VAT, income tax, annual return, payroll, bills, regulatory, data-bleedin'-protection, etc, etc.

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

Once it becomes routine it's like everything else, just er.... routine. Like VAT, income tax, annual return, payroll, bills, regulatory, data-bleedin'-protection, etc, etc.

Undoubtedly, what I'm talking about is some agreement that keeps the amount of paperwork, etc down. Even if something only takes ten more minutes to do those ten minutes quickly add up and cost time.

13 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Undoubtedly, what I'm talking about is some agreement that keeps the amount of paperwork, etc down. Even if something only takes ten more minutes to do those ten minutes quickly add up and cost time.

the amount of paperwork to comply with eu rules and local take on these rules is massive, its a myth the eu has the same rules and regs in every country.....

sometimes the paperwork is checked often its not but you still have to do it....

we had a truck pulled over 3 times last week on the way back from italy....

for exports outside the eu the paperwork is automatic as soon as the goods are scanned out..... 

• Like 1