So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Woolley seems to think regulations on, say, aspirin packaging, are going to be thrashed out in the House of Commons by those chancers, rather than unelected civil servants who have made careers out of studying the regulation of medicines. 

Can you imagine Johnson and Corbyn debating, I dunno, regulations for jet aircraft engine inspection schedules in Parliament? Seems like that is what Woolley expects from Brexit. It won’t happen. The U.K. will have to either hire its own experts if it wants ‘divergence’ or follow EU regulations without any input or control if it wants to keep NI and continue to trade with the world’s largest market. 

9 hours ago, P.K. said:

Another Brexiteer demonstrates their grasp of the issues:

https://amp.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/brexiteer-tells-james-obrien-to-stop-giving-facts/

This Brexiteer stopped in the middle of an argument with James O'Brien to ask him to stop quoting facts at her.

Jean in Lowestoft is extremely passionate about the British fishing industry, having worked in it for most of her life.

As James O'Brien asked why fishing has become such a big issue for Brexit, Jean called up to explain why the Common Fisheries Policy is such a disaster for Britain.

But when James started quoting some figures that questioned some of her comments, she didn't like it.

Jean said: "You're now looking at figures and getting heavy with me."

To which James responded: "I am. I'm looking at facts and you're giving me feelings.

"This is Brexit. This is the debate. You and I are never going to agree with each other.

"I sympathise with your position. You don't like the fact I'm giving you facts and figures."

Jean hit back: "Have faith in your country, Mr O'Brien. It will happen!"

Earlier, Jean said that if we left the EU, we could just sell to other places, pointing out that she had just shipped some whelks to South Korea. But listeners pointed out trade with South Korea is only possible because of the Korean trade deal with the EU.

#fakenews

34 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

Woolley seems to think regulations on, say, aspirin packaging, are going to be thrashed out in the House of Commons by those chancers, rather than unelected civil servants who have made careers out of studying the regulation of medicines. 

Can you imagine Johnson and Corbyn debating, I dunno, regulations for jet aircraft engine inspection schedules in Parliament? Seems like that is what Woolley expects from Brexit. It won’t happen. The U.K. will have to either hire its own experts if it wants ‘divergence’ or follow EU regulations without any input or control if it wants to keep NI and continue to trade with the world’s largest market. 

it will be the MHRA just as it is now......

2 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

29468994_10156249826325948_3918534077637588435_n.jpg

He explained that very simply by saying the meetings and votes were pointless. The fix was in, the die was cast. He was pissing in the wind so why bother and suffer the humiliation of being the only one swimming against the tide, so to speak.

1 minute ago, Lxxx said:

He explained that very simply by saying the meetings and votes were pointless. The fix was in, the die was cast. He was pissing in the wind so why bother and suffer the humiliation of being the only one swimming against the tide, so to speak.

Because he's there to represent the views of his electorate and not his own perhaps?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Sounds like a skiver trying to justify his skiving and then moaning when things happened without him.

Also, isn't it his job to "swim against the tide" if that is the view of his electorate?

Edited by RIchard Britten

7 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Sounds like a skiver trying to justify his skiving and then moaning when things happened without him.

Also, isn't it his job to "swim against the tide" if that is the view of his electorate?

the fact sir nige upsets you so much is one of the best things to come out of exit.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Because he's there to represent the views of his electorate and not his own perhaps?

Well if he won the vote then the views of the majority of his constituents must coincide with his own. It has echoes of Sinn Fein not taking their seats at Westminster.

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

He was pissing in the wind so why bother and suffer the humiliation of being the only one swimming against the tide

It must be difficult to piss into the wind and swim against the tide at the same time. You'd need a very secure backstroke. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

You just don't engage on a sensible level as is the case with most supporters of the EU. Trade is a red herring and it will continue unhindered; just wait and see. Please be honest for once and say that you support a Europe governed from the centre for whatever reason rather than the ongoing Project Fear stuff. I explained the problem with outsourced government in my previous post. You come back with ridiculous fantasy scenarios about Johnson and Corbyn in Parliament. A nonsense which illustrates the paucity of your argument. All of those matters will continue to be dealt with by the industry regulators and where there is need for cross border co-operation it will be done jointly as happens routinely throughout the world, BUT always operating under the control of the national governments and not some international quango.

Everyone knows that there are people with ridiculous arguments for and against the EU (we won't be able to fly, we won't be able to go on holiday or visit family etc. etc.) so try to get past trotting them out continually.

16 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Strange, Pro-Remain voters aren't the ones saying "You have to believe" and expecting the UK to "cross their fingers and hope for the best"...

No, but they are the ones that have built/believed the whole crazy notion that the sky will fall in without the EU. There is no need to cross fingers and hope for the best. The world will not end.

19 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Strange, Pro-Remain voters aren't the ones saying "You have to believe" and expecting the UK to "cross their fingers and hope for the best"...

lifes losers are the remoans.....

which is why your one of them.....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, woolley said:

No, but they are the ones that have built/believed the whole crazy notion that the sky will fall in without the EU. There is no need to cross fingers and hope for the best. The world will not end.

The world may not, but as for the economical, societal and political sky "might"...but we'll "have to  wait and see..>".