So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

Today I experienced the first tangible visible effect of Brexit that I have encountered.

Easyjet has started to reregister all its planes ( apart from those based in Switzerland, which are registered there so they can operate out of bases there as it’s not in the EU ) in Austria. Quite an expensive job. Anyway as you stepped onto the plane at Ronaldsway today you entered the land of dirndels and lederhosen with an OE Registration.

44 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Today I experienced the first tangible visible effect of Brexit that I have encountered.

Easyjet has started to reregister all its planes ( apart from those based in Switzerland, which are registered there so they can operate out of bases there as it’s not in the EU ) in Austria. Quite an expensive job. Anyway as you stepped onto the plane at Ronaldsway today you entered the land of dirndels and lederhosen with an OE Registration.

on the other hand ryanair are doing the reverse and will have to pay uk tax........

12 minutes ago, woody2 said:

on the other hand ryanair are doing the reverse and will have to pay uk tax........

Yes, they applied for a UK aviation licence. To operate uk domestic flights. Don’t think they’re registering planes in uk however.

EasyJet already has a uk aviation licence. It now has an Austrian one, via EasyJet Austria GmbH and is registering all its planes there.

How many domestic internal uk flights does O’Leary operate, how many planes does that need.

How many EU flights does Stelios operate, how many planes does that need.

Figures seem lop sided, losing more than is gained.

13 hours ago, John Wright said:

Yes, they applied for a UK aviation licence. To operate uk domestic flights. Don’t think they’re registering planes in uk however.

EasyJet already has a uk aviation licence. It now has an Austrian one, via EasyJet Austria GmbH and is registering all its planes there.

How many domestic internal uk flights does O’Leary operate, how many planes does that need.

it did say on the news when ryanair plan was announced that all domestic flights operators will need a uk base and planes registered in the uk and pay uk tax........

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

it did say on the news when ryanair plan was announced that all domestic flights operators will need a uk base and planes registered in the uk and pay uk tax........

Yes, but how many domestic flights does Ryanair operate in UK? They set up a uk subsidiary, wet sub lease the plane and make no uk profits.

15 hours ago, John Wright said:

But you'll get blue passports.

Everything else is just trivia....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rog said:

Not just blue but without the hated European Union writ on them

Me and lots of other folks don't hate it at all.

I can't help thinking that all this EU angst isn't doing your blood pressure any good Roger.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Me and lots of other folks don't hate it at all.

I can't help thinking that all this EU angst isn't doing your blood pressure any good Roger.

No longer angst ever since the result of the referendum.

6 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

House prices are collapsing in the South East of England - nothing like it to sharpen the mind.

That is a GOOD thing.  

If nothing else it shows that foreigners are starting to leave.

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Link?

FWIW a 2/3 bed maisonette in Islington  would ( according to a local Estate Agent) now realise  £850,000, 6 months ago a similar one two doors away went for just over £900,000 .

Just saying 

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Yes, but how many domestic flights does Ryanair operate in UK? They set up a uk subsidiary, wet sub lease the plane and make no uk profits.

then they won't get a uk aviation licence:thumbsup: easyjet also need to maintain a uk base and planes registered in the uk and pay uk tax for all domestic flights ........

a registry is just vanity, its more important that they pay uk tax.....

8 hours ago, woody2 said:

then they won't get a uk aviation licence:thumbsup: easyjet also need to maintain a uk base and planes registered in the uk and pay uk tax for all domestic flights ........

a registry is just vanity, its more important that they pay uk tax.....

You’re completely missing the point. Ryanair has few uk domestic flights and won’t make money to pay tax on.