So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

10 hours ago, John Wright said:

You’re completely missing the point. Ryanair has few uk domestic flights and won’t make money to pay tax on.

we will see but the regulator won't accept a shell company and it was announced at the time that they would pay uk tax so your wrong....

as for easy jet they fly lots of uk domestic flights......

without knowing which plane you travelled on its most probably one of the 25 they have just bought from air berlin which have never been registered in the uk........

so nothing to do with leaving the eu.....

without knowing which plane you travelled on its most probably one of the 25 they have just bought from air berlin which have never been registered in the uk........

None of Air Berlin's 319s or 320s have ever been OE registered.

Edited by ballaughbiker
forgot to turn off français spell check

W2 is such hard work. Makes statements, can’t back them when challenged. Ducks and weaves.

So, let’s get this sorted. W2 always has a tiny, 1% peg of truth to hang the 99% made up stuff.

Ryanair is setting up a UK subsidiary. It’s going to flag and register 12 out of 250 planes to allow its very limited domestic flights, mainly to/from Belfast.  W2 claims, by implication, that this is a huge benefit.

i point out Irish Ryanair will sub lease the planes, provide the staff, and that profits, and thus tax take will be small.

i point out that EasyJet is now transferring the majority of its fleet to the Austria. Aircraft Registry to ensure it can offer EU internal  flights. Eventually that will be 180 plus out of an anticipated 220 fleet. 

W2 then says

Aircraft Registry is a vanity. Maybe for IoM, but 180 mid size short haul jets gives a good initial registration fee and annual fees.

That the OE registration is a hold over from AirBerlin ( which were D registered ). EasyJet Europe GmbH started operating in July 2017, the first aircraft was transferred to OE the day before. It now has 91 registered on the OE Registry. Nearly half the EasyJet fleet. More to come over the next 11 months. That start  was before EasyJet acquired certain air Berlin assets. But I accept the AB fleet was swapped from D to OE Registry ( another 1% peg ) 

I cant see that the transfer out of 180 aircraft to Austria will have a larger effect on location of income, expenses, profit and tax plus Registry fees than the transfer in of  12.

But W2 knows best.

Edited by John Wright

23 hours ago, woody2 said:

we will see but the regulator won't accept a shell company and it was announced at the time that they would pay uk tax so your wrong....

They’ll pay tax on any profits. It’s few planes and routes. Won’t be much

as for easy jet they fly lots of uk domestic flighrs

About 15% of total routes. Fewer than 15% of fleets, because journey time is shorter so you get more rotations per plane per day.

without knowing which plane you travelled on its most probably one of the 25 they have just bought from air berlin which have never been registered in the uk

They’ve 91 of total fleet registered in Austria. Started transferring in July 2017, well before acquiring the AB fleet

It’s everything to do with Brexit

Edited by John Wright

4 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Not sure if relevant but Air Berlin ceased trading at the end of last year.

EasyJet acquired some Air Berlin assets recently, including 25 Airbus 319/320 planes, which it has reregistered in Austria.

But that is only a small percentage of the planes it has registered in Austria.

Easy is going to take on Lufthansa on German domestic routes apparently

53 minutes ago, woody2 said:

woody -Can you ask them to apply this best performing currency to get the € rate to similarly recover?

PS this fabulous $ rate is still less than before the referendum and I suppose any recovery from the subsequent 31 year low will look 'amazing'   ......   to some

4 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Ralf Speth, busy working on a document in his office, stops and looks into the middle distance for a second.  A twitch of a smile crosses his face and he shakes his head, half-paternally, before returning to his work.

Have you ever owned a Jag or a Landrover?

I have and from new.  But I learned my lesson.

Today I drive an eighteen month old BMW MPV and it's been perfect in every way.