So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

28 minutes ago, Rog said:

Overpriced lousy quality cars.

I’ve had two Discovery, an Evoque, Discovery Sport, a Defender and. Freelander over 30 years. Still got the Sport and Defender. Great vehicles. Only had three small issues. Evoque back filled. Small modification recall, Freelander was soft top rear quarter with raising/lowering tailgate window, intermittent relay switch issues. Sport has battery drain if you leave the key fob in. A unique IoM issue.

Had an XK8 cabrio and an e-type. No problems with either

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

I’ve had two Discovery, an Evoque, Discovery Sport, a Defender and. Freelander over 30 years. Still got the Sport and Defender. Great vehicles. Only had three small issues. Evoque back filled. Small modification recall, Freelander was soft top rear quarter with raising/lowering tailgate window, intermittent relay switch issues. Sport has battery drain if you leave the key fob in. A unique IoM issue.

Had an XK8 cabrio and an e-type. No problems with either

Then you've been more than lucky. I had a Freelander that had a list of faults worst of all was the mechanism that was intended to lower the rear window prior to opening the rear door. Unreliable, window leaked, and the crowning glory was when the window somehow rose with the door open and that resulted in the window being smashed when the door was closed. The build quality was poor and the diesel engine kept loosing power.

My XF was poor build quality, stuck on trim became unstuck, had to have major engine rebuild fortunately under warranty.  In aaddition I had a Rover 800 some years previously.  Again lousy build quality.

The Beemer that I now have is quite simply impeccable in every way.  Over the years I have NEVER owned a British car that was trouble free.

On 14/04/2018 at 8:24 AM, John Wright said:

Ryanair is setting up a UK subsidiary. It’s going to flag and register 12 out of 250 planes to allow its very limited domestic flights, mainly to/from Belfast.  W2 claims, by implication, that this is a huge benefit.

you forget easyjet and many others don't have a uk air operator's certificate and are having to apply and will pay uk tax....

#winwin

2 hours ago, woody2 said:

you forget easyjet and many others don't have a uk air operator's certificate and are having to apply and will pay uk tax....

#winwin

No, easyJet already has a UK AOC, it’s had one since inception.  it’s incorporated in UK and quoted on the International Stock Exchange.

What are you on?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rog said:

Have you ever owned a Jag or a Landrover?

I have and from new.  But I learned my lesson.

Today I drive an eighteen month old BMW MPV and it's been perfect in every way.

Both my neighbours own Range Rover's and Discovery's. I see replacement hire cars in their drive more frequently than the cars they bought.    

Edited by Lxxx
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

No, easyJet already has a UK AOC, it’s had one since inception.  it’s incorporated in UK and quoted on the International Stock Exchange.

What are you on?

then why are they applying....

EasyJet expects the CAA to grant it a UK air operator’s certificate in the coming weeks, to cover its UK-based aircraft

http://www.airportwatch.org.uk/2018/02/easyjet-making-plans-to-ensure-it-is-still-seen-as-a-uk-airline-after-brexit/

already buying goods at better rates from the eurozone, so no problem......

Yeah right. Even if that is believed at face value it is a remarkable generalisation and likely complete bs.

Edited by ballaughbiker
spell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ballaughbiker said:

Yeah right. Even if that is believed at face value it is a remarkable generalisation and likely complete bs.

i buy from many companies in the eu, they have dropped prices, its called trade weight/ weighted.....